collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who is more clueless - Randy or McLeish?  (Read 9484 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Who is more clueless - Randy or McLeish?
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
It's a real toughie to work out which one it is.

Atleast McLeish has a plan - not a very good one - but atleast he has one.  Then again, his bowing at the alter of the 'Theatre of Dreams' was aparticularly clueless thing to do.

Randy, no plan, no words and no attendence.  Appointing Faulkner who appoints shite Managers.

Randy, just.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:49:29 PM by OzVilla »

Offline Tom Sawyer

Re: Who is more clueless - Randy or McLeish?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
A human centipede of fools.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Tough one.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Memories are short of just how much Randy has put in. I think he is very misguided in his faith in Faulkner and McLeish, but the manager is easily the most inept we have endured in as long as I remember.

Offline luke25

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »
Thats a good question, like you say McLeish atleast knows what he's doing (even if it is absolutely dross) were as I genuinly don't think Randy has a clue. From giving O'Neill to much freedom over our resources to appointing Faulkner to approaching 2 managers last summer with totally different football philosophys.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
Lerner, the man has put his money where his mouth is and has invested to an extent but is so arseclenchingly incompetent that it's all for nothing.

Anyone with even the most passing of knowledges of football could have told you McLeish would be a poor appointment, though he has been even worse than most of them could have expected. If someone gets killed in a hit and run, it's not the car that is to blame but the person behind the wheel. Lerner appointed McLeish and should have been aware enough of how bad the appointment was from his record.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
Randy for appointing the clueless fucker

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
Randy. McLeish was just chancing his arm (as any of us would for a better job). Randy appointed him and Houllier before him and has demonstrated absolutely no coherent strategy since May 2010.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »
AMc is clueless and Lerner was clueless appointing him .   

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
They're both clueless(although not all that Randy has done is wrong). However we can get rid of Mcleish and we can't get rid of Randy, so therefore Mcleish is better to target.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »
McLeish is just being McLeish.  He's a shit manager, but everybody except Lerner knew that.  After the failed Houllier appointment, if Lerner was really interested in trying to repair the damage, he'd have appointed anybody except McLeish.  He doesn't give a shit, and therefore he's not just clueless but an arsehole as well.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
The past two years have been conducted like a terrible am-dram production. If you were trying to write a ham-fisted farce about clueless authority and people promoted beyond their abilities, you'd be hard pressed to top the way Aston Villa have done it.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 09:44:17 PM »
I voted for Randy.  Mcleish went from a relegated club to a premier league club and got a handsome pay rise into the bargain.  Sounds pretty clued up to me.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 09:51:38 PM »
McLeish just means shit football week in week out until he eventually gets sacked and someone else has a go. Thats the nature of professional football clubs. We have had good uns, we have had bad uns - just like every other club.

The real problem is Randy Lerner. No matter how much money he puts in, he is an absentee owner and the entire ownership of the club is in the hands of one individual. That is a situation we have never had before at Aston Villa. I like everybody accepted it when things were going well, but now things are going wrong not only are we pissed off but we are alienated too. An alienation we didnt feel even with the old duffers in charge in the 1960s pre-Ellis.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
The thing is, I can deal with an 'absentee' owner as long as you feel they have a clue about football. I mean, Roman Abramovich (who admittedly does attend the majority of Chelski home games these days) isn't the most vocal of people but football is his game and he lobs money at a team because he ultimately wants to be recognised as the man who won sporting glory for his side.

Lerner, on the other hand, only knows about football culture through yes-men and patsies and if they're telling him it's all going to plan on the spreadsheets and we're likely to still be in the top division on a reduced budget, he'll buy it. What he doesn't get is the air of depression amongst the supporters or the fact we're fucked-off by our name being linked to crap football and relegation struggles. I don't want they guy gone, I just want him to get a grip, realise we're not an asset and make smarter choices. It's going to take three or four years to get back to mid-table at the very earliest, and that's if the rot is stopped now. If he hesitates, I have a feeling it'll take us a decade or more to be competitive again and it'll be under a different owner to boot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal