collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time for Randy to go?  (Read 27542 times)

Offline Tom Sawyer

Re: Time for Randy to go?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »
It actually got better when mcallister took over

Perhaps he was our Pardew, and we just couldn't see it?

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
I wouldn't say Randy has made two terrible managerial appointment. The first was a risky, but could have worked out in the long run if Houllier hadn't gotten ill. The second was inexpicably poor. Actually, allthough not ideal, keeping McAllister with Houllier in some kind of DoF role would have been better (and cheaper) than appointing McLeish.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
I dont want an absentee owner and I dont want Aston Villa owned by one individual - we have never had this before.
I feel more alienated and detached from my club than with the old duffers running the show up to 1968. At least they had some connection with the club and were to some extent visible, they even issued statements about the club on occasion. They may have been the misguided spoutings of old men stuck 30 years in the past but at least they said something !

I guess its unrealistic to hope we could ever go back to be a club with shareholders, but at least lets have someone who is here and says something !
LERNER OUT.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
If he did go, would the next owner get the same abuse after one bad season?

Two.

It isn't about a bad season or two, though. It's about this one looking like our worst since Sky invented football, plus a whole slew of other statistics which point to just how poor we are.

I don't get it. He spent lots of money for four years, then when the must-control-everything manager walked out and shat on us, he conspired to manage things so poorly that the level of hopelessness right now equals that in the last summer of Doug (and no two ways about it, it does), and the manager who walked out looks vindicated.

There's also a lingering bad taste from four years of solid marketing exercises and dialogue with fans, telling us how important it was to hear what we had to say, which disappeared overnight when things started to go a bit pear shaped. It's really hard not to be cynical when you look at that course of events.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:31:34 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »
It actually got better when mcallister took over
This.

It has been two poor seasons. And to appoint someone that many of the support simply would not take to unless he brought in silverwear, at the same time he was clearly cutting back and relying on youth, was lunacy.

We've won four at home all season, need an incredible turn in our home form just to match the number of home wins when we were relegated in 1987, and it is making for an absolutely horrible atmosphere at VP these days.

I simply do not expect us to win at home to Sunderland or Bolton over the next week or so. I cannot remember a time in 28 years of watching Villa when I've NOT believed us capable of beating the likes of Sunderland or Bolton at home.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
I dont want an absentee owner and I dont want Aston Villa owned by one individual - we have never had this before.
I feel more alienated and detached from my club than with the old duffers running the show up to 1968. At least they had some connection with the club and were to some extent visible, they even issued statements about the club on occasion. They may have been the misguided spoutings of old men stuck 30 years in the past but at least they said something !

I guess its unrealistic to hope we could ever go back to be a club with shareholders, but at least lets have someone who is here and says something !LERNER OUT.

Agree with that.  He needs a "football" person on board who can also bridge the chasm that seems to have formed between the club's heirarchy and the fans.  His wall of silence method is becoming tiresome and he needs to speak to the fans, even it through someone else.  In my opinion Ian Taylor would be the ideal candidate for that type of role.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »

One bad season?  Yes, that's all it is, a mere blip, and next season everything will no doubt be hunkydory.  We've sold our best players, we've got an embarrassment for a manager, and the finances are beyond appalling.  But yes, people are just upset because "it's one bad season".  Christ.

Offline levico

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
Some people amaze me - they're entitled to their opinion but whatever happens they can't find it within themselves to criticise the club, it's owner, CE or manager. It's almost worth getting relegated to see what they would say then.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »
Some people amaze me - they're entitled to their opinion but whatever happens they can't find it within themselves to criticise the club, it's owner, CE or manager. It's almost worth getting relegated to see what they would say then.

Other people amaze me that they can't seem to accept that some people might have a different opinion to themselves.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »

One bad season?  Yes, that's all it is, a mere blip, and next season everything will no doubt be hunkydory.  We've sold our best players, we've got an embarrassment for a manager, and the finances are beyond appalling.  But yes, people are just upset because "it's one bad season".  Christ.

Yes, one bad season. Not two, or three. One.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
To lose £70million and turn us into relegation candidates takes some doing.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »

Yes, one bad season. Not two, or three. One.

You know that old joke about people asking if H&V is the match programme?  Why don't you just go the whole hog and change the name?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »
Last season was great, i forgot about the mutiny, Anfield, the surrender at Citeh and flirting with relegation for months.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »

Two.

It isn't about a bad season or two, though. It's about this one looking like our worst since Sky invented football, plus a whole slew of other statistics which point to just how poor we are.

I don't get it. He spent lots of money for four years, then when the must-control-everything manager walked out and shat on us, he conspired to manage things so poorly that the level of hopelessness right now equals that in the last summer of Doug (and no two ways about it, it does), and the manager who walked out looks vindicated.

There's also a lingering bad taste from four years of solid marketing exercises and dialogue with fans, telling us how important it was to hear what we had to say, which disappeared overnight when things started to go a bit pear shaped. It's really hard not to be cynical when you look at that course of events.

That's partly what I mean. We had four good seasons when he was the perfect owner, one when everything that could go wrong did, usually more than once, and this season, which has been awful. I'd rather encourage Randy to get back to the visionary days of 2006-10 than rave hysterically about how he should fuckofflernerthevillaisours.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:15:42 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline levico

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Good one, Risso

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal