collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 265496 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Will we go down this season?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »
No but any other season and we would be down!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
Not this season but I worry for next year

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »
No. Simply on the basis that we only need a win or a couple of draws to keep our noses ahead.
If we were on level points with QPR/Bolton in a dogfight to get more than them over the last 5 games, I wouldnt give us a cat in hells chance with Mcleish.

Offline Linus

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
I'm worried. Because as a club we have no stomach for this fight. Because Wigan have Blackburn & Wolves in their last two games. Because McLeish has a track record of it. I don't see where the goals will come from to save us. I don't see howe we'll stop conceding the goals that will doom us.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »
No but more by luck than anything else.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:51 PM »
No, I truly believe we won't simply because games are running out and the teams below us are playing catch-up. However, if there were say, ten games left, I'd stake every penny I had on it.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »
Legion, we got lucky this year. Weimann, Robbie Keane and the calibre of the teams below us will just about have kept us up. It's too close for comfort. We need another 3 points to be sure, either a win or three draws....hmm.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
What a fcuking shit state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
It would be a nice little irony if we got the three points we're likely to require against that bloke and his lot this Saturday, considering we're still recovering from his exit even after all this time.

Offline James

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
I can see us finishing 17th but to go down now would take a hell of a lot of things to conspire against us, though I wouldn't stake the family silver on survival right now!

He needs to go now really, everyone would feel so much better if he did!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 09:56:46 PM »
We are really bad right now though. 1 win in 12, 1 win at home in 6 months etc, a lot of injuries, no one scoring goals, poor at the back, no fight.

Reading a couple of United forums, they reckon we were the worst side they have seen at Old Trafford all season, and if they had needed too could have got a cricket score. You can't argue.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »
Any way I think about it, I can't see us going down. For example:

• Villa have five games left and 35 points. We have taken 2 points in our last 5 games, and continuing our current form we will have 37 points at the end of the season.
  • QPR have four games left and 31 ponts. They have taken 6 points in their last 4 games, and continuing their current form, they will have 37 points at the end of the season.
  • Wigan have five games left and 31 points. They have taken 10 points in their last 5 games, and continuing their current form, they will have 41 points at the end of the season.
  • Bolton have six games left and 29 points. They have taken 9 points in their last 6 games, and continuing their current form, they will have 38 points at the end of the season.
  • Blackburn have four games left and 28 points. They have taken 0 points in their last 4 games, and continuing their current form, they will stay on 28 points until the end of the season.
  • Wolves have four games left and 23 points. They have taken 1 point in their last 4 games, and continuing their current form, they will have 24 points at the end of the season.

According to this, we will stay up, just, in 17th place ahead of QPR because of goal difference(if we don't lose the who seven goal advantage). But our current poor form is probably (partially) down to having played Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal in three of our five last matches.

My guess is that Wigan will continue their good form and perhaps even overtake us. Bolton is unpredictable and could overtake us if they beat us. QPR have a difficult run-in, and will be our biggest rival if our results continue to be poor. But I can't see them getting above us.

Conclusion: We'll stay up, but I won't be surprised if we fall even further down before the season is over.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
No.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Probably not, but I'm not sure yet. We will go next year if Mcleish is in charge.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:50 PM »
I don't think we will but deep down I know there is a chance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal