collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who do you want as the next manager? New poll option.  (Read 1427904 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Who do you want as the next manager?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
If we're looking at The Championship, we could consider that baldy bloke at Reading who help's host Masterchef.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »
For me I'd like Paul Lambert or Brian McDermott but I don't believe either would join us. I don't believe Jose Mourinho would join us either but I think a club of our size should be able to attract the first two.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
if we are ever going to take a punt on a up and coming manager then Carl Robinson at the MK Dons has done miracles there, and his football philosophy is pass and move

I have still nightmares about graham turner- i dont mind going for a younger modern manager but mk dons is too big a gap in stature in my opinion.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »
If we're looking at The Championship, we could consider that baldy bloke at Reading who help's host Masterchef.

That'll be Brian McDermott

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
For me I'd like Paul Lambert or Brian McDermott but I don't believe either would join us. I don't believe Jose Mourinho would join us either but I think a club of our size should be able to attract the first two.

They might join us if theres money to spend but if we are relying on cutting back more i fear they would turn us down.

Offline picicata

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »
Of the english based candidates I would happily take Lambert as I feel the man is on his way to big things. He has a drive and energy that I admire and he has done exceptionally well with Norwich. He reminds me a little of MON.. but with tactical nous.

From abroad I would happily take Bilic. A belief in good football and a winning mentality, coupled with great belief in himself makes me think he could be a success here. He is also free in the summer (though, rumour has it, Spurs bound)

I would also take my original choice from last summer, Martin Jol.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
no, no and no. holloway's chance at a reasonable sized club leicester was an utter shambles. west ham barely survived in zola's second season. martinez sides play good football but so do tony mowbray's teams. they win fuck all either.

chris hughton or paul lambert from candidates based in england. rodgers has had a great season but inherited a club going in the right direction and playing decent football. different story at villa where the next manager will be inheriting a shambles and effectively starting from scratch. hughton has done this twice and done it well. Lambert took over a norwich side that were in the third division and lost 7-1 to colchester.

id like to think the likes of benitez would be interested but being realistic he wouldnt be. we are going to have to take a punt on an up and coming manager

i dont think there is any chance of Holloway, i was just agreeing with Londonvilla,
 your chioces are also all good ones in my view, even though they have won nothing something you put as a negative against the ones you dont like

martinez hasnt won all that many EPL games. I think in all the fawning over him that is forgotten. promoted teams tend to finish higher than wigan.

nigel adkins is another one that has impressed me. again he inherited a shambles there but looks like back to back promotions, playing good football, bringing through younger players and a good PR man in getting fans back onside. if for some reason southampton missed out on promotion maybe he could be tempted.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
It would be good if we ended up with a name when pretty much 90% of us think it's right. We really need some unity now.
The last 2 appointments have seen so many mixed feelings towards the boss. GH was very much split and then the AM move was just such a strange one that even the most optimistic were struggling for a few days to think of anything positive to say.

I still think he will be here next season and to be honest I'm not sure if he can turn it around or not. He might, you never know. I just think he needs to go after the Norwich game and we start afresh again with something positive. I just hope Randy has been seeing and hearing the same grummblings as most and wish for the same. He could do with some good advice from someone who cares about Aston Villa and not from a certain Alex Ferguson.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
I'd take David O'Leary back after this season.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
Some foreign genius with an extensive scouting network. Not sure who fits the bill but our Board should (but won't).

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
Chris Hughton. Done superbly at Noocassul and has clearly worked miracles at the Dog Shit, I had them down as relegation certainties for the Championship with the chaos going on there.

He would stabilise us as a strong mid table Premiership side who wouldn't be looking over our shoulder at relegation and if anything move us above the footballing giants of Swansea, Norwich, Stoke and Smethwick Bromshit Ollbeyun

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
wow is mcshite getting the sack then dream on

Offline scoobydoobydont

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
get rid of faulkner and bring back MON and a decent CEO!!! >:(

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
Chris Hughton for me If anyone from the club is reading this Please feed back that (apart from a very small mindless minority) We don't care that he comes from Blues

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »
There's a fella at Shrewsbury who seems to be doing quite well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal