collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Weimann hoping to keep first team spot  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Weimann hoping to keep first team spot
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:42 AM »
He should be the first name on the sheet this week.
Just Imagine

'My Name is Adam Richman (Cue thudding guitars) I've worked at most places in crisis, but today i'm in Birmingham to take the biggest challenge yet, rescuing Aston Villa from relegation.' (waves fingers at the camera and does bizarre shuffling dance)

Offline Shoody

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
I would drop Gabby this week. I would normally play him against Man U even if out of form because he terrorises Vidic, but with him out there's no reason to play him. Put Weimann on at the start with Nzogbia, Ireland and Carruthers behind him.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »
Hope he does keep his place. He looks a very good striker. I like his movement off the ball. Always looks threatening.

It's his movement that I like too.  I said it after the home game against 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' where he came on late and made several intelligent runs, none of which were picked out by his team mates unfortunately.   I noted him as one to watch because of that.   Gabby and Delfounso are like statues by comparison.  He seems like a good natural finisher as well, so he could be a real find.

Online nigel

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
'The gaffer was furious after the game as he reckoned I was in a good position to pass it back to Shay Given” said Weimann.'

How much truth said in jest! Good luck to Andreas though, looks a good player.
More likely he was taking the P**s out of some of the negative supporters.

More likely than not dear old Fletch has put in a humourous made up quote into the article and has waited to see if anyone bites.
Well and truely hooked,
It was a hard day  :-[
I read again after posting and thought "surely, there was no way he'd say that" I even checked the date to see if it was April 1st.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
I would drop Gabby this week. 

I was thinking this earlier in the week. If he's going to play as deep as he did against Stoke and not make many runs, we might as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal