collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Return of O'Neill - divided opinion  (Read 162904 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Return of O'Neill - divided opinion
« Reply #750 on: May 07, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
Has he started playing anyone but full backs at full back yet (usually centre backs)?
Gardner and Colback have both had their chance to impress there. Sessegnon will be next.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »
I'll still never forget away at Boro when we had the unforgettable sight of Emile Heskey there for the last 10 minutes.  Still makes me chuckle now.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #752 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
Talking of Heskey... he's not signing for Villa next year. Can we think of any clubs who have a manager who rates Ivanhoe?

Be afraid, Davey B...

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #753 on: May 08, 2012, 04:07:21 AM »
So Davey B how do you think O'Shea, Brown, Richardson, and Bardsley will go about making sure United score sufficient goals this sunday?

To be honest, i'm expecting a drubbing! It has came to light about the bonus for the players not being paid as it was on offer for 8th place or above! Apparently it hasn't gone down too well with "some" of our first team squad ...... and to be honest, after the Everton Quarter Final we seem to have been going through the motions ......

So, with that in mind, and Man Utd still in with a shout (albeit fading) i think anything less than 0 v 4 will be a surprize to me personally.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #754 on: May 08, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
Desperate for strikers at the minute.

Well O'Neill's record in that department should reassure you then Davey - as out and out strikers go, his mythical scouting team left no turn unstoned and we were lucky enough to get an elderly Chris Sutton (who didn't do too badly to be fair), John Carew (by default as it was more to get rid of Baros than to acquire Carew), marvellous Marlon Harewood, and Emile Heskey.   Kevin Davies doesn't seem too bad at all compared to most of that lot.

Has he started playing anyone but full backs at full back yet (usually centre backs)?

Yes, as Dave pointed out earlier, Gardner filled in a RB, and young Jack Colback covered LB for a while when we were short with injuries /suspensions. Both played well there to be honest.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #755 on: May 08, 2012, 04:12:57 AM »
Talking of Heskey... he's not signing for Villa next year. Can we think of any clubs who have a manager who rates Ivanhoe?

Be afraid, Davey B...

;D I can see it happening, i really can .........  :'(

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2012, 04:14:33 AM »
Gardner and Colback have both had their chance to impress there. Sessegnon will be next.

:) He won't! I'll be amazed, and over the moon if he's still here next season. Best player i've ever watched in a red n white shirt!

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #757 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »

Be afraid, Davey B...

;D I can see it happening, i really can .........  :'(

Just make sure you agree to pay him 75K a week for the next four years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal