collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we too critical?  (Read 16034 times)

Offline rutski

Re: Are we too critical?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
No. We pay lot of money to watch so being critical comes with the ticket.
I don't think it does. I think on most of the literature it says come and support the team. If you went to the theatre and didn't like what you saw would you shout abuse or just get up and leave in a civilised manner. I think the message gets out across. I for my season ticket for me and my 2 lads and the rule is never ever boo and encourage in every respect that we can. As doentodays match. My appendix decided they wanted to come out this morning but other than that it is support all the way!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »
Football isn't the same as going to the theatre, though, so that argument is a bit flawed.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Houllier. Not my cup of tea. Had put the loser out of my mind.

Offline scoobydoobydont

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
NO!!

Offline Villanation

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
Q: Are we to critical.

How, how can we possible be to critical, points is we are not critical enough.

Offline rutski

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
Football isn't the same as going to the theatre, though, so that argument is a bit flawed.
maybe paulie. I just hate negativity in the ground.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
My criticism of Mcleish is that he has artificially lowered expectations. I feel certain that at that meeting in corsica he persuaded Randy we were certain to go down this season, and anything else would be a success. He has persuaded the players that a defensive draw is the best they can hope for. He has confected an air of crisis to insulate himself from blame. I support the club and support the team and want to support the manager but he makes it so hard when he is so pessimistic. I just don't believe we're as bad as he thinks.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
My criticism of Mcleish is that he has artificially lowered expectations. I feel certain that at that meeting in corsica he persuaded Randy we were certain to go down this season, and anything else would be a success. He has persuaded the players that a defensive draw is the best they can hope for. He has confected an air of crisis to insulate himself from blame. I support the club and support the team and want to support the manager but he makes it so hard when he is so pessimistic. I just don't believe we're as bad as he thinks.

Well said.

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »
Houllier was hounded on here. As have many, if not all managers.

Houllier tried to change the style of one dimensional MON and got criticised by the aloof footballing geniuses we have on here.

The reality is, he identified our inability to defend for 90 minutes nor set pieces and called the team in for twice daily training. The players who needed the additional coaching, Primarily Dunne and Collins were most notably the most vocal from the squad in their resistance. Low and behold, the current manager in his attempts to get the same most vocal players in the squad has been let down by the same players.

Let's no let that cloud reality though, Houllier is now seen as visionary!

I even read on here about Makoun being an answer to some of our problems from the same tactical genius's that frequent the board that were overly critical about the experienced CL player.

Offline Legion

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »
I liked Houllier.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
They're only opinions, Bobby. Don't take them too personally.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »
not critical enough after the last two seasons.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
Houllier was hounded on here. As have many, if not all managers.

Houllier tried to change the style of one dimensional MON and got criticised by the aloof footballing geniuses we have on here.

The reality is, he identified our inability to defend for 90 minutes nor set pieces and called the team in for twice daily training. The players who needed the additional coaching, Primarily Dunne and Collins were most notably the most vocal from the squad in their resistance. Low and behold, the current manager in his attempts to get the same most vocal players in the squad has been let down by the same players.

Let's no let that cloud reality though, Houllier is now seen as visionary!

I even read on here about Makoun being an answer to some of our problems from the same tactical genius's that frequent the board that were overly critical about the experienced CL player.

Houllier was not hounded on here at all.  He was rightly criticised for first of all his ability to put his foot in his mouth at every available opportunity and secondly for not sorting out our defence which constantly let down the rest of the team.  I was worried last year at the results but the attacking football was light years away from anything O'Neill could have summoned up and was in a different galaxy to anything Mcleish will ever be able to deliver.  As numerous people have said he was the right man for DoF where he could influence styles of play and development.  I'd have him back in that role tomorrow.

As for your point about Makoun, sorry it doesn't make sense.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »
I liked Houllier.

I didn't after Liverpool or Man City. In my weaker moments I did think he genuinely had a plan that could have taken forward. With the incumbent useless article I only think his plan will bring us at best boredom and at worst the gut wrenching misery of relegation.

Offline Legion

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
The Liverpool incident didn't actually bother me that much. The surrender against Money City really pissed me off though. I think he saw the bigger picture and could have moved us on to better things. There's no way we'd be in the situation we are now if he was still in charge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal