collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Four men on a boat (Villans in Italy)  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Billy Walker

Re: Four men on a boat (Villans in Italy)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »
Lovely Archie, you always bring a ray of sunshine to the site, though I only wish I had more appetite to appreciate your efforts at this particular time

I can understand your point, mate.
I also tend to be  demoralised when I see that a nice but very small club like Norwich, to say one, play an entertaining, attacking football winning at WHL, whereas us, the Mighty Villa, play negative football home and away and play in the starting XI a player like Richard Dunne that in Italy wouldn't play in Third Division.

But then I think that in 140 years of history one or two transitional seasons can be accepted.

Form is temporarily, after all, class is permanent.

And the class of our beloved club is demonstrated by the fact the Villa don't exitate to send in Italy a former player and three  representatives of its only to meet the fans. These are the things that make you feel part of a  family. A family to which belong  fans that share the same values whatever the Country where they live. These is for me much more important tha the results of the team on the pitch.

Great stuff Archie!

Offline beness

• GM : 21.01.2018
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
Excellent Photos Archie. Very enjoyable.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
Lovely Archie, you always bring a ray of sunshine to the site, though I only wish I had more appetite to appreciate your efforts at this particular time

I can understand your point, mate.
I also tend to be  demoralised when I see that a nice but very small club like Norwich, to say one, play an entertaining, attacking football winning in style at WHL, whereas us, the Mighty Villa, play negative football home and away and play in the starting XI a player like Richard Dunne that in Italy wouldn't play in Third Division.

But then I think that in 140 years of history one or two transitional seasons can be accepted.

Form is temporarily, after all, class is permanent.

And the class of our beloved club is demonstrated by the fact the Villa don't exitate to send in Italy a former player and three  representatives of it only to meet the fans. These are the things that make you feel part of a  family. A family to which belong  fans that share the same pride and values whatever the Country where they live. This is for me much more important than the results of the team on the pitch.

Very very true. Indeed, this site itself is one of the few things that keeps me going at this miserable time, or should I say the great family of people on here whom I treat as friends even though I have never met many of them! It is great to feel part of such a wonderful family and to go through all the good and, more pertinently, the bad times together. I find it a great help

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
Fantastic stuff Archie, so refreshing...

When Villa is in your heart, it stays right there.

Ian Taylor is a true legend too.

UTV

Offline Archie

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »
The Latin Lions meeting was held in a restaurant on the hill and it was a success!
The first in the pic is Ross,  former rugby player and current representetive of Macron, that was presented with a celebrative plaque.
He's a nice guy and a very proud Scottish: http://multimedia.quotidiano.net/?media=16429&tipo=photo&id=539175&cat_principale_page=1&canale=1&canale_page=1

Macron is  so enthusiast of its partnership with our Villa, let's hope that it brings success for both. . .

Offline Archie

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »
After watching the Arsenal game on TV we needed a beer or two, but we couldn'it imagine that Ian would  occupy the bar. . .

Two bakers are better than one.

Who had the pleasure to bring home a Villa legend?

Offline Archie

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »
Villans in Venice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal