collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Easter Football.  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Easter Football.
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
It's Good Friday and I see the only game in Division One (Sorry Premier league) is a bunch of Geordies somewhere down in Welsh Wales.
Theres a few other games on in the Divisons 2, 3, and 4. (Sorry, I did it again), but I think everybody should be playing Friday, Saturday, and Monday.
Yes, and nothing on Sunday because even though I'm a lifelong atheist we should still take note of what the Vicar down the road used to say about that!

Back in the 3rd division days we played 3 games in 4 days. 1970-71 we were away to Brighton on Friday, then back up to Shrewsbury the next day then a game at Villa Park on the Monday. We didn't win any of them but thats not the point !

You got bigger crowds at all the Easter games, like you always used to get bigger crowds for the FA Cup ( I will save that one for another rant) and I bet we pretty well put out the same X1 for all three games, not like now when they rotate the squad if they have to get off their arses to play more than once a week ! Bastards !     

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Easter Football.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »
It's a hard life being an over-paid, under-worked prima-donna these days.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »
Come on Reading.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
Did it shit with sky? I just can't remember.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
Leeds should be down to nine, referee bottled sending off a second player. If ever a manager was made for a club, it's Niel Warnock at Dirty Leeds.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »
I like the Saturday and Monday Easter schedule. Especially when Villa get a win and a draw against Forest and Stoke while Ipswich lose to Arsenal and Norwich. I would settle for a win and a draw this weekend too, whichever way round they came.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
Leeds should be down to nine, referee bottled sending off a second player. If ever a manager was made for a club, it's Niel Warnock at Dirty Leeds.

I switched on the Reading v Leeds game today and it was obvious Warnock instructed them to clobber the Reading players, they got what they deserved the horrible lot.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »

I switched on the Reading v Leeds game today and it was obvious Warnock instructed them to clobber the Reading players, they got what they deserved the horrible lot.

That gentleman of football Neil Warnock would never dream of doing something like that. If you listen to his post match interviews the problem is that whichever club he goes to incompetent officials just seem to follow him around.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:19:24 PM by Damo70 »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »

Back in the 3rd division days we played 3 games in 4 days. 1970-71 we were away to Brighton on Friday, then back up to Shrewsbury the next day then a game at Villa Park on the Monday. We didn't win any of them but thats not the point !

We went by train to Brighton but only got as far back as Banbury so had to sleep in the waiting room there. The staff brought us a cup of tea and a cake in the morning before we set off for Shrewsbury. Strange how these things stick in your memory.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal