collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Do you have ANY faith left in McLeish ?  (Read 42721 times)

Offline nigel

Re: Do you have ANY faith left in McLeish ?
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »
I have always said he has to be given time.

I do feel it was the wrong move by Randy, an unpopular choice with very little chance of success given the constraints he'd have to work under.
But, he still came, despite all the constraints, that took some balls. And I feel that is the reason why he must be given time, not endless, but he must have the chance to build his team and not be expected to be using MO'Ns players 5 years on.
Personally I'd say until Christmas next season. By then his team should be in place and if we're struggling then maybe that will be the time for Randy to decide.

This.
?

He agrees with you.
Ah  ::)

Offline MarkM

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »
I have 100% Faith in McL

I have 100% faith that he will not make Aston Villa into a top team

I have 100% faith that no matter what he says he will always be a defensive minded manager

Offline moetvillain

« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2012, 12:23:03 PM »
In answer to the thread question, yes I do. 

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
I have no faith in him.  I was willing to give him a chance at the start of the season which I did and he couldnt have asked for an easier start to try and get as many points as possible to avoid the mess we are in now but he clearly failed.  Not to mention his dire tactics and excuses of recent.  Im worried what will happen if he is given the funds to stengthen.

p.s.  Who the hell selected YES???

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2012, 01:30:59 PM »

People who happen to have a different opinion to you perhaps?
It is still allowed, even under this government.

Offline nigel

« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »
I have no faith in him.  I was willing to give him a chance at the start of the season which I did and he couldnt have asked for an easier start to try and get as many points as possible to avoid the mess we are in now but he clearly failed.  Not to mention his dire tactics and excuses of recent.  Im worried what will happen if he is given the funds to stengthen.

You're worried what might happen if he's given funds to strngthen?
I'll refer to PeterWithesShin's post on page 12:

The one thing I don't get is the amount of posts saying they wouldn't trust AM with any money in the summer. His signing so far are

Given: Who most of us would have signed.
N'Zogbia: Ditto. I don't remember too many not wanting him in the N'Zogbia transfer thread back in the summer.
Hutton: Was shocking to begin with but started to improve (not hard I know) but with Luke going and Lichaj getting injured just before deadline day we needed a RB. So what more did we expect that was fairly cheap that we could get at the last minute?
Jenas: The big mistake was agreeing to pay his wages if he got injured. Can we blame AM for that though?
Stevens: Young, cheap never heard of. The kind of signing we've been complaining for ages about that we don't make often enough.
Keane: The only thing we've complained about that is the fact we could only keep him for 2 months. 
Holman: A foreign bosman who looks decent. Again, something we've complained about Villa not doing enough.

There are a shed load of reasons AM deserves to be slated for, I just don't think his transfers is one of them.

You have to remember that he's still using many of MO'Ns squad from 5 years ago.
I personally think that he should be allowed to build his own team, and if by Christmas it might be time for Randy to act 

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

I did.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »

People who happen to have a different opinion to you perhaps?
It is still allowed, even under this government.

Personally I totally respect people having a different opinion but I'd be really interested to see more details of why people think that and targets of how far we'd have to fall before they'd change their mind.

I think the reasons behind wanting him gone are well established but to recap:

• Poor results that are below standard for the squad.
  • Poor performance, we've played well in fits and starts but generally the football this season has been abject.
  • Poor attitude towards a number of games where we've turned up to play for 0-0 and after conceding have just tried to keep the score down.
  • Poor past record in English football which suggests that things won't improve.
  • Poor impression in recent media where he has appeared to be doing everything he can to deflect the blame from himself.
  • Not entirely his fault but the support appear to be in a malaise and a change of manager could be the catalyst to resolve that as well, for the reasons above

I think that sums up all the reasons I've seen presented.  I also think the breaking point for most was at some point between kick off against man city and the final whistle in the Wigan game.

Regarding giving him funds to improve the squad I just don't see the point, it's not that  think he'll necessarily fail, I jus think that even if he buys well he'll be lsot as to how to use them

Nzogbia is the one.  He'd tried to sign him for blues and then got him for us and then tried to play him as closer to wing back than a winger and bitched when nzogbia didn't seem happy about it.

Oh and for Jenas, the big mistake was actually basing your squad around the fitness of a guy who had spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch for 3 seasons.  Loaning out an experienced midfielder, with no recall option, to allow a space in the squad for someone with that injury record is naive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal