collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When will the bullet come?  (Read 59668 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: When will the bullet come?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:42 PM »
Unfortunately our chairman believes in the Ferguson/United story - you have to have stability and long term faith in a manager (And ride fan frustration)*

One story that Randy isn't aware of,  however, is the one about polishing a turd.

I see at least another two seasons of Mcleish.

*I do respect the strategy, its just the wrong choice of manager

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:59:22 PM by Malandro »

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
We wouldn't get Kenny Rodgers at the moment
What's Roy Rogers doing these days?
I think he died a while ago but that would be an improvement!

I don't think AM is going anywhere. Ironically, RL invested a lot of his "credibility" in apponting him and I dread the thought that he will stick by him.

Bollux! 

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
Were stuck with him no matter what happens. Crowds pushing at 30k next season and lows of below the 20 mark, next seasons going to be worse than this. Especially if he gets top buy his own players

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
I think it also depends on ST sales. There must be a reason why they've put them on sale earlier than they've ever done before. If sales are still low going into June, then who knows.

But in order for a change to give ST sales a boost, the new manager would need to be someone to get the fans excited again.  Can you see that being the case?

Good question and i don't know but i think just the relief of McLeish being gone would persuade a lot of fans to re-invest and get behind the new man. Let's face it, it could'nt be anymore controversial and unpopular as McLeish....could it?

Offline Merv

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
I've gone for option three.

If we go down, the club will say AM has had to operate in difficult times and he's the perfect manager to get us back up (citing promotion with Blues).

If we stay up, the club will say AM has had to operate in difficult times, it's been a tough season all round but 'we' always knew it was going to be a transitional period in the club's history and we're looking forward to brighter times.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
I think Saturday above everything else proves just how poor his team selection is. I fully understand that he had a load of injuries to contend with and had to play a lot of kids, but, even then the talent he had at his disposal was made to struggle for 70 minutes due to the fact that he played at least 2 of them out of position (Gardener  / Bannon) Gabby i am positive did not know where he was meant to play other than up top and Herd should have come off sooner than he did as he was shocking.
Heskey - at no point has he / could he influence or change a game - he is fecking useless
Might as well have put another kid on with some enthusiasm and athletism in midfield and Gabby up on his own rather than the big lump - surely our other players heads and hearts must drop when they see that buffoon warming up

I am not sure i have seen such a tactically poor manager in all the years of watching Villa  - and his piss poor sidekick (Grant) is even worse.
Behind the dug out fans are shouting "Sit down you twat you hav'nt got a clue"

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »
I just can't picture him standing on our touchline in August.
I couldn't picture him on the touchline last August

Offline levico

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »
I honestly think he could take us down to League 1 and he'd still keep his job. Not sure RL would even notice that.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
We wouldn't get Kenny Rodgers at the moment
What's Roy Rogers doing these days?
I think he died a while ago but that would be an improvement!

I don't think AM is going anywhere. Ironically, RL invested a lot of his "credibility" in apponting him and I dread the thought that he will stick by him.

Bollux!

Trigger would be an improvement and I dont mean the one from Only Fools and Horses......oh I dont know though.

Offline villanic

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
I think Saturday above everything else proves just how poor his team selection is. I fully understand that he had a load of injuries to contend with and had to play a lot of kids, but, even then the talent he had at his disposal was made to struggle for 70 minutes due to the fact that he played at least 2 of them out of position (Gardener  / Bannon) Gabby i am positive did not know where he was meant to play other than up top and Herd should have come off sooner than he did as he was shocking.
Heskey - at no point has he / could he influence or change a game - he is fecking useless
Might as well have put another kid on with some enthusiasm and athletism in midfield and Gabby up on his own rather than the big lump - surely our other players heads and hearts must drop when they see that buffoon warming up

I am not sure i have seen such a tactically poor manager in all the years of watching Villa  - and his piss poor sidekick (Grant) is even worse.

I agree, he looked a bit lost at times.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:38:27 PM by villanic »

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
He won't be going anywhere, even if we do get relegated.

This.  Whether we like it or not, he's here for the long haul.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Is that the long haul to League One?

Offline alteavilla

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
On the assumption that we stay up, and yes that is quite an assumption, then I think he will be given the summer transfer window and the first three months of next season.  If at that time we are not in the relegation zone then he will stay. 

I don't like the style of football, but also feel that our lack of support for the team is a contributory factor.
i agree more wine for my troops we ride at dawn

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »
Is that the long haul to League One?

Could be.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »

I was wondering whether he'd be getting stick like that from the fans behind him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal