collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:40:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:38:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 08:37:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:36:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 08:36:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 08:36:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 08:34:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:34:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When will the bullet come?  (Read 59732 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: When will the bullet come?
« Reply #270 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
The reason why we haven't done well since MON walked out on us, is that he left behind scores of overpaid, average footballers with shit attitudes who, because they're on such lucrative contracts, are impossible to shift.

And the only feasible way to solve the financial mess he created, has been to sell his few decent signings.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
Absolute bollocks! Just like your claim that all the staff had a party when he left.

How do you knows that they didn't?  We were given that snippet by a very reliable source.  Some of the staff had very good reason to celebrate the back of MoN.

I was given a snippet from my niece who still works there.  If the staff had a party she wasn't invited and knows nothing about it.  In fact, she says the mood was quite the opposite when he left.  The people she works with had a lot of time for him.

Believe what you will. It happened.

I know who I believe.

Likewise.  I'm going to have to bow to your superior knowledge now as there's a pub or two need visiting around the albert docks.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
But surely popularity is not necessarily linked to a persons competence in their position? Managers are often unpopular because they have decisions to make which upset people.

In fact, the worst manager I ever worked for also happened the nicest manager I was ever employed by. The problem was, he was so reluctant to confront and discipline his staff, that many of the stronger characters walked all over him.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
The reason why we haven't done well since MON walked out on us, is that he left behind scores of overpaid, average footballers with shit attitudes who, because they're on such lucrative contracts, are impossible to shift.

And the only feasible way to solve the financial mess he created, has been to sell his few decent signings.
I disagree, they were shit, who else would have paid Heskey 65k a week?  We were fucked up by this kind of player on this kind of wages.........................

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2012, 07:40:41 AM »
Absolute bollocks! Just like your claim that all the staff had a party when he left.

How do you knows that they didn't?  We were given that snippet by a very reliable source.  Some of the staff had very good reason to celebrate the back of MoN.

I was given a snippet from my niece who still works there.  If the staff had a party she wasn't invited and knows nothing about it.  In fact, she says the mood was quite the opposite when he left.  The people she works with had a lot of time for him.

Believe what you will. It happened.

I know who I believe.

Likewise.  I'm going to have to bow to your superior knowledge now as there's a pub or two need visiting around the albert docks.

House!

I don't have superior knowledge, maybe the party didn't spread to VP from Bodymoor.  I hope it carried on when McLeish gatecrashed.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
Nodge, I have no idea, but chances are the party was confined to BMH as, other than on match days, O'Neill was not known to frequent Villa Park.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal