collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by AV84
[Today at 07:22:26 AM]

MOTD by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:10:01 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by john2710
[Today at 06:41:12 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:25:57 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:29:25 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:23:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How about a Villa v Celtic charity game ?  (Read 21635 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: How about a Villa v Celtic charity game ?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
How come Celtic have played against plenty of English teams over the last 5/10 years with no trouble? Are those saying there would be trouble therefore saying it would come from our fans?

They played Blues, trouble, they played Chelsea, trouble, they played United, trouble.

Was that because of the "English disease"?

Or maybe The people from those cities were the most blighted by Republican terrorism didn't take to kindly to patronising songs about Irish liberation meaning their fellow people being murdered sang about in some sort of romantic way that they were all the problem.

English disease?

Did they play Blues in the last 5/10 years? Was there trouble with Utd? Chelsea Celtic is always going to go off but purely because links between Rangers and Chelsea.

I was at the Ricoh when Cov played Celtic and no trouble whatsoever I also know there was no trouble when they played Man City.

Personally I would prefer to Bulgaria or a world xi

Yes there was trouble with United. Yes there was trouble with Blues.

3 main cities that bore the brunt of sectarian ignorance.

Perhaps you are right, welcome them down. Though I guarantee you one thing, There will be Brummies who will react to IRA songs, then you can give them all a knowing look and say, behave.

The trouble you talk of with Utd when was this? The Blues friendly was in 1976 now i was -2 at the time but  wasnt violence at football the norm then?

Sunny Villa - as far as I know they got done for a "fuck uefa" banner and letting of flares

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
How come Celtic have played against plenty of English teams over the last 5/10 years with no trouble? Are those saying there would be trouble therefore saying it would come from our fans?

They played Blues, trouble, they played Chelsea, trouble, they played United, trouble.

Or maybe The people from those cities were the most blighted by Republican terrorism didn't take to kindly to patronising songs about Irish liberation meaning their fellow people being murdered sang about in some sort of romantic way that they were all the problem.

English disease?

Did they play Blues in the last 5/10 years? Was there trouble with Utd? Chelsea Celtic is always going to go off but purely because links between Rangers and Chelsea.

I was at the Ricoh when Cov played Celtic and no trouble whatsoever I also know there was no trouble when they played Man City.

Perhaps you are right, welcome them down. Though I guarantee you one thing, There will be Brummies who will react to IRA songs, then you can give them all a knowing look and say, behave.

The trouble you talk of with Utd when was this? The Blues friendly was in 1976 now i was -2 at the time but  wasnt violence at football the norm then?

Sunny Villa - as far as I know they got done for a "fuck uefa" banner and letting of flares

Blues played Celtic about 10 years ago at St Andrews, I believe Birmingham won. I also know that Digbeth was awash with Celtic fans signing IRA songs who then got battered.

Man Utd have played them a few times and their last visit to Old Trafford ended in the same.

I am not sure why you are trying to question the reality of Brummies not taking to kindly to a crowd of IRA supporting scum coming to Villa Park.

Go on YouTube and google Celtic IRA songs, you will find videos of their supporters in England singing behind police lines.

They are not welcome in my book and I guarantee trouble because most Brummies still remember the atrocities the IRA caused to many Brummie families. Songs glorying that fact will ensure unrest.

That is not welcome at VillavPark, unless you believe otherwise?

Offline scoobydoobydont

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »

English disease?

Blues played Celtic about 10 years ago at St Andrews, I believe Birmingham won. I also know that Digbeth was awash with Celtic fans signing IRA songs who then got battered.

Man Utd have played them a few times and their last visit to Old Trafford ended in the same.

I am not sure why you are trying to question the reality of Brummies not taking to kindly to a crowd of IRA supporting scum coming to Villa Park.

Go on YouTube and google Celtic IRA songs, you will find videos of their supporters in England singing behind police lines.

They are not welcome in my book and I guarantee trouble because most Brummies still remember the atrocities the IRA caused to many Brummie families. Songs glorying that fact will ensure unrest.

100% spot on mate - politics and sport shouldn't mix in any form, but that's the world we live in!!  100% behind Stan fighting this shit disease... but to invite {a few} pro IRA cowards down to Brum to mix with {a few} pro-IRA cowards would be to sully the memory of the FORGOTTEN 21, and yes I know the irony oxymoron content  of my post!!

GET WELL SOON STAN!!

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
As I said before look at YouTube and see as well as others.

If they are prepared to sing inflammatory songs at Chelsea and Man U they will do the same.

Done its course this discussion, but unless you understand it and have witnessed the anti British Vitriol then the thoughts I am putting forward are wasted

For the record I am another half Irish catholic, before any of the generalists kick in

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »

English disease?

Obviously not, hence why i've said a couple of times on this thread ideally if such a match were to go ahead we should face Bulgaria or Sofia or even a select XI as it would be about raising as much cash for charity as possible.

Offline scoobydoobydont

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »

If they are prepared to sing inflammatory songs at Chelsea and Man U they will do the same.

Done its course this discussion, but unless you understand it and have witnessed the anti British Vitriol then the thoughts I am putting forward are wasted

For the record I am another half Irish catholic, before any of the generalists kick in

tbh mate, doesn't matter whether you're irish, catholic, protestant, scottish or english.... pro-ira scum come from everywhere {more likely the garyowen - plastic is/was all over that place!!} - and imo it's the 'generalists' that are the problem. more racist than a pint with the edl!!  :(

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »

tbh mate, doesn't matter whether you're irish, catholic, protestant, scottish or english.... pro-ira scum come from everywhere {more likely the garyowen - plastic is/was all over that place!!} - and imo it's the 'generalists' that are the problem. more racist than a pint with the edl!!  :(

There is no need for anyone on this board to justify themselves or their heritage.

Aston Villa has fans from many religious, political and ethnic backgrounds. We are not a political, religious nor racist club and I don't see why we should welcome a club to Villa Park that is, unless we have to.

Offline scoobydoobydont

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

There is no need for anyone on this board to justify themselves or their heritage.

Aston Villa has fans from many religious, political and ethnic backgrounds. We are not a political, religious nor racist club and I don't see why we should welcome a club to Villa Park that is, unless we have to.

you're right mate.

my point was to enforce sunny villa's before the rhetoric started {again} ::)

hate to see politics in sport, or music... but the PC brigade would be up in arms if neither were not allowed....

anyhow, fcuk it.... Villa and Proud....  UTV

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »

you're right mate.

my point was to enforce sunny villa's before the rhetoric started {again} ::)

hate to see politics in sport, or music... but the PC brigade would be up in arms if neither were not allowed....

anyhow, fcuk it.... Villa and Proud....  UTV

Sound mate. But politics in music is allowed as its then personal choice. Some of the best music coming out of England from mid 70s to min 80s was politically driven. We didn't have to listen to it but chose to if we wanted to. Football has more of a heritage factor and it will always cause discontent amongst good mates if it's allowed to prevail.

I did not choose Aston Villa, it chose me and I have some of my best and most loyal friends because of it and we all have different political and religious views.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
Let's just go up there then, no problem. Good weekend away.

Besides, Villa Park will be staging ManU or City v Liverpool/Everton/Spurs or Chelsea the week before the season starts. It might not down too well with police or local residents if with have Celtic as summer visitors as well.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »
Paulie and Villadelphia have got it spot on, it would be a Stan-centric love-in.

But I can't help feeling that people like (hasn't got a)scoobydoo and VillaBlobby would love to turn up to try and re-enact a live equivalent of a bullet through the post to make their hate-filled prophecy come true.

Oh, and BTW, there are some neo-nazi white supremacists down the Villa, I can guarantee you that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:38:33 PM by PercyN'thehood »

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »
So now we've got rid of the pro-IRA scum, can we get rid of all those who support the British army, guilty of the terrible actions during Bloody Sunday and other acts of state-sponsored terrorism. Perhaps we can call them scum as well, just to be consistent.

In the meantime, all good wishes to Stan.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
What a fucking depressing thread this turned out to be.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
What a fucking depressing thread this turned out to be.

It's a bit fucking depressing, really, isn't it, when you consider the aim of the thread originally.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal