collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:49:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:47:56 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:47:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 08:45:22 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:41:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 08:41:45 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:40:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: idiot in L3 who constantly shouts 'come on you lions!'  (Read 10255 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: idiot in L3 who constantly shouts 'come on you lions!'
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
One of my faves: "COME ON YOU LIONS!"
Why don't the Holte Enders sing it anymore?

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »
Actually God bless you, and all who sail in you

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »
One of the reaons why I don't go down anymore, too many pricks like this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
*whoosh*

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »
I pray for the day when usherettes patrol the holte end

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »
Hopefully by next season all this shouting nonsense will be fully sorted out.
How are players supposed to concentrate, for example when defending corners, if people nearby are jumping up and down making noise ?

Our goals for and against on corners this season is something like 0-14. If it wasn't for this we would be challenging for  a Europa League place instead of worrying about being sucked into a relegation dogfight. So please everybody, especially at set pieces and corners but really for the entire game could you all please STFU !
A lot of effort has gone on in recent seasons to keep people quiet at Villa Park, but a lot more needs to be done. I would actually like to be able to follow the game properly, this includes being able to hear what instructions our manager is issuing from the touchline and things being said between players on the pitch. While we are at it, switch your mobiles off too, you don't leave them on at the cinema or the opera, why leave them on during a game of football ?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:54:06 AM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
not really, it is me. i am fed up with the looks of derision i get and the hoarse throat for trying to get others going. feduptrying.com

Sarcasm doesn't always work on internet forums but good work.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Try having Gandalf in front of you.

Any poor bastard who wants to get through

'YOU SHALL NOT PASS.'

Has he been giving the team talks?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »
When I became a pensioner last year I decided that now was the time to move from K3 to somewhere a bit more accessible to someone of my advanced years. It's all those steps upto the Upper Holte y'know. Anyway I looked at the stadium plan  and spotted what looked to be a nice out of the way corner in the Lower Holte L1. Just right for my needs I thought, a seat on the back row so that I could sit in peace and concentrate on finishing the crossword in The Daily Mail whilst keeping half an eye on the goings on on the pitch. It'll be  just like Edgbaston for a championship game I thought. First match of the season I got into my seat about 2.30 and settled down for a pleasant afternoon. To my horror fifteen minutes before kick off all the empty rows in front of me were filled with people waving flags and banners and they wouldn't sit down, in fact they stood all through the match forcing someone of my advanced years to stand too so that I could see the pitch, and the din they made all through the match with their singing, chanting and hand clapping was almost too much to bear. They didn't seem to care that a senior citizen was having to stand up for ninety minutes every game.
Any way I wont have to put with them next season. I'm going to move to the other side of the Lower Holte in L8.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »
Shouting is great. Lobbing smoke bombs like the twat below us in the North yesterday is well out of order!

Tho' watching the stewards trying to work out how to put it out was quite funny. "Try a bucket of water Bert!"  "No Fred, it da'int do no good!"

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
When I became a pensioner last year I decided that now was the time to move from K3 to somewhere a bit more accessible to someone of my advanced years. It's all those steps upto the Upper Holte y'know. Anyway I looked at the stadium plan  and spotted what looked to be a nice out of the way corner in the Lower Holte L1. Just right for my needs I thought, a seat on the back row so that I could sit in peace and concentrate on finishing the crossword in The Daily Mail whilst keeping half an eye on the goings on on the pitch. It'll be  just like Edgbaston for a championship game I thought. First match of the season I got into my seat about 2.30 and settled down for a pleasant afternoon. To my horror fifteen minutes before kick off all the empty rows in front of me were filled with people waving flags and banners and they wouldn't sit down, in fact they stood all through the match forcing someone of my advanced years to stand too so that I could see the pitch, and the din they made all through the match with their singing, chanting and hand clapping was almost too much to bear. They didn't seem to care that a senior citizen was having to stand up for ninety minutes every game.
Any way I wont have to put with them next season. I'm going to move to the other side of the Lower Holte in L8.

;D

Offline We Love You

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

;D ;D

See you there mate!!

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
In the late sixties early seventies we had this pensioner in a grey raincoat halfway up The Holte by us who used to roar "put the pressure on" at four minute intervals (even during half time!.)  He was oblivious to anyone else and used to shout all kinds of verbal abuse at any Villa player that didnt match his exacting standards.

He used to have a particular dislike of Harry Gregory and used words that would shock a Millwall docker to sum up Harrys
limited abilities.

Come to think of it so did I!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:30:18 PM by John »

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
I loved the old Come on you Lions chants!

One thing that really pissess me off is the look younger generations give you when chanting at the match. What's happening to fans if they don't understand the need to give vocal support?

We need to make the Holte roar again.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
In the late sixties early seventies we had this pensioner in a grey raincoat halfway up The Holte by us who used to roar "put the pressure on" at four minute intervals (even during half time!.)  He was oblivious to anyone else and used to shout all kind of verbal abuse at any Villa player that didnt match his exacting standards.

He used to have a particular dislike of Harry Gregory and used words that would shock a Millwall docker to sum up Harrys
limited abilities.

Come to think of it so did I!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal