collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Doom and Gloom  (Read 8043 times)

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
Re: Doom and Gloom
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
A big part of the reason we lost was the ref. That's probably AM's fault as well.
Still, everyone has repeatedly said that they can stomach a defeat if there were enough positives from the performance. Or maybe they actually just like to moan a lot regardless.

I an unambiguous in who is to blame.

Alex 'Championship' McLeish

Ha!Ha!It is always the ref is it not?!

Excuses,excuses.

You do not hear Fergie bleating with a poor Man Utd side who will win the league?

Quality management make it happen,not blame everyone else!

So the ref didn't make an appalling decision that led to their third? Or do you just prefer to blame AM and no one else?

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
The difference between them and their megamillions of Russian gold and us with our seven academy players on the field (eight if you include Cahill) was the referee.   A draw would have been a fair result and set in proper context all the pluses about our club we witnessed today.   A 2-4 defeat was not a true reflection on the game.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
The difference between them and their megamillions of Russian gold and us with our seven academy players on the field (eight if you include Cahill) was the referee.   A draw would have been a fair result and set in proper context all the pluses about our club we witnessed today.   A 2-4 defeat was not a true reflection on the game.

Considering that Brian,a fair comment,if we did have a manager who had a little nuance and aptitude to attack teams in certain ways at home we may have got a different result?

One dimension,one result.

Just my opinion.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
don't agree brian. We weren't in it for 70 minutes. Good spirit to fight back but then they just went up a gear

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
A big part of the reason we lost was the ref. That's probably AM's fault as well.
Still, everyone has repeatedly said that they can stomach a defeat if there were enough positives from the performance. Or maybe they actually just like to moan a lot regardless.

I an unambiguous in who is to blame.

Alex 'Championship' McLeish

Ha!Ha!It is always the ref is it not?!

Excuses,excuses.

You do not hear Fergie bleating with a poor Man Utd side who will win the league?

Quality management make it happen,not blame everyone else!

So the ref didn't make an appalling decision that led to their third? Or do you just prefer to blame AM and no one else?

Yes or no to my question?

Offline rutski

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
i didnt see either team trying their nuts off for alot of the game, the teams on the pitch definitey reflected the result with everyone of them an international and nearly all of ours through the youth team.
i am proud of the way they went about their job but the result was probably expected!
but i also thought the referee was a damn disgrace and the result in the end was alot to do with the officiating.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
The ref didn't stop us defending corners.

Blaming today's result on the ref is missing the point spectacularly.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »
Because there just aren't enough threads to say the same thing?
There is an element of truth in that Dave.  In the last few years I have had enough personal grief to easily put 'The Villa' into perspective but I don't seem to be able to let it go.
Without going into too much detail the counsellor I had said that you can sometimes focus on the small things to stop you thinking about the big things. Perhaps that is what I am doing on here because I just cant think of the last positive thing I had to say about Villa. 
Anyway feck it...

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
Petrov thing has done for me. Up till then i was pretty sure we'd struggle through to the end of the season. as i said on the match thread, look at our bench today, there's nowt there to change things even if the manager was capable of doing it.

Albrighton came off the bench and made the equaliser.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 04:35:55 AM »

Sorry but I disagree.  Much as it pains me to say it, the plastic of all plastic Clubs, Chelsea F.C., deserved their win.  They pretty much coasted through the game for 70 minutes and then went up a gear when required.

I'm as proud as any Villa fan with our acadamy players but let's not become deluded.  There's plenty of supporters of other sides that do that.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »
It is not deluded to say that, despite being outplayed for long spells in the game they stuck to their task much better than white flag Villa teams full of 60 grand a week men have done this season and got back to 2 all.   I then saw a monumental piece of bad refereeing from a referee who had been giving Chelsea everything all day and it knocked them back again.

I am as depressed as everybody else at the very real threat of relegation and as rock certain as I have been from the start of the season that Alex McLeish is not a premiership quality manager BUT I came away from the game as another poster put it connected with that team of home grown triers.

The real pain, and I speak as a fan who followed them all the way down into the third division and back again will come next August when we are either still in the premiership and nothing has changed or we are in the championship and we have to endure McLeish strutting his stuff over one nil wins over Doncaster and Peterborough.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »
I thought the team showed a lot of good promise, commitment and skill at times. Also a lot of naivety which would be expected from that line up. We were playing a team who has found form again under their boss.
A bit of luck and a bit more experience added to the line up and all looks good for the future, we'll just stay up and it will be season to forget. A few more signings like this Brett fella is needed though.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
Actually 'deluded' was a clumsey turn of phrase, but we still didn't deserve a point overall imo.

That's not to say we didn't battle harder than we have in many other games so far this season - we did.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
It boils my piss to think that ginger tw*t could keep his job if he takes us down,it's bad enough watching him stood there with his hands in his pockets during the games , did anyone else notice Kevin Mac have a word with him when Marc Albrighton sat back down on the bench? next minute he,s back up and on for the last 20.

Offline levico

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
Quite irritated by fans who always find excuses for defeats. if we lost every match between now and the end of the season (a real possibility imo) I'm sure they would find an excuse for each defeat. Is that a consolation for relegation? Would they feel that we have been victims of perverse circumstance? Please get real - we're a crap side with a crap manager and we'll deserve everything that's coming to us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal