collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Doom and Gloom  (Read 8046 times)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Doom and Gloom
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
Why can't I lift this feeling of doom and gloom?  I have become a really negative twat, always expecting the worst and even sounding like I want it.  The Petrov issue aside I have had a really scary shit sense of doom and gloom all season.
I suppose I am just shit scared about relegation...

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Re: Doom and Gloom
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
Because it's doomy and it's gloomy?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
Because there just aren't enough threads to say the same thing?

Offline luke25

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
That'll be the McLeish effect.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:28:23 PM »
Because there just aren't enough threads to say the same thing?
Yeah, the breast-beating and general wailing and gnashing of teeth means that the personal grieving over this season is being exaggerated to the power of 'n'.

I suppose we're all in this together.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
I feel genuinely upbeat after today, the support we gave to Petrov coupled with the attachment I felt to our team of academy products has left me rather positive.

Also I'm fairly certain I'm still pumped full of adrenaline from the Lichaj goal, so please ignore me.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
I feel genuinely upbeat after today, the support we gave to Petrov coupled with the attachment I felt to our team of academy products has left me rather positive.

Also I'm fairly certain I'm still pumped full of adrenaline from the Lichaj goal, so please ignore me.

I am as well. Despite the people who seem to think Chelsea strolled it, I saw a team that cost a fortune to assemble given a real run by a side that started with 7 academy players. Or maybe I imagined the amount of hoofing, desperate clearances etc by a Chelsea side who seemed to be time wasting even at 2-0 they were that much in control.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:38:40 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
I agree to a certain extent PWS,kids are the future.

Just think that accepting these things are excuses for failure,which we of a certain age have seen before obviously.

McLeish will never sit right with me,ever,ever.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »

I am as well. Despite the people who seem to think Chelsea strolled it, I saw a team that cost a fortune to assemble given a real run by a side that started with 7 academy players. Or maybe I imagined the amount of hoofing, desperate clearances etc by a Chelsea side who seemed to be time wasting even at 2-0 they that much in control.

Unfortunately though, we still lost.  While at the same time, the likes of QPR and Bolton were winning again.  I think we're now one of only a couple of teams who haven't won two games in a row all season.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »
Blah! and Meh!

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
A big part of the reason we lost was the ref. That's probably AM's fault as well.
Still, everyone has repeatedly said that they can stomach a defeat if there were enough positives from the performance. Or maybe they actually just like to moan a lot regardless.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
A big part of the reason we lost was the ref. That's probably AM's fault as well.
Still, everyone has repeatedly said that they can stomach a defeat if there were enough positives from the performance. Or maybe they actually just like to moan a lot regardless.

Ha!Ha!It is always the ref is it not?!

Excuses,excuses.

You do not hear Fergie bleating with a poor Man Utd side who will win the league?

Quality management make it happen,not blame everyone else!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »
Petrov thing has done for me. Up till then i was pretty sure we'd struggle through to the end of the season. as i said on the match thread, look at our bench today, there's nowt there to change things even if the manager was capable of doing it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:54:34 PM by Greg N'Ash »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »

You make it sound like there isn't ample cause for moaning.

What might do for us is not today, today was totally expected. It was lots of other games up to this point.

The problem is, the utility of being able to take something from games even when we lose is rapidly shrinking.

We need to be taking actual points.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »

Ha!Ha!It is always the ref is it not?!

Excuses,excuses.

You do not hear Fergie bleating with a poor Man Utd side who will win the league?

Quality management make it happen,not blame everyone else!

So the ref didn't make an appalling decision that led to their third? Or do you just prefer to blame AM and no one else?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal