collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans' group in call to join protest against Alex Mcleish  (Read 38742 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Aston Villa fans' group in call to join protest against Alex Mcleish
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
Cascarino is a twat. TBH.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

Doesa that make what he said wrong?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »

Doesa that make what he said wrong?
No. And I never said that.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
Shoe in the air Iraqi style.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
The thing with footy protests by loyal fans is that they then go and ruin it by paying in to the game after.

It's a bit like the Manure fans wearing the green and yellow scarves whilst slumped in their seats at Old Trafford. That must have had the owners quaking in their boots at such recalcitrance.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
The thing with footy protests by loyal fans is that they then go and ruin it by paying in to the game after.

It's a bit like the Manure fans wearing the green and yellow scarves whilst slumped in their seats at Old Trafford. That must have had the owners quaking in their boots at such recalcitrance.

Bet Norwich players were impressed with the away support.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »

Bet Norwich players were impressed with the away support.

A lot of them had actually travelled from far and wide strangely enough.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Crowds will only be down if we're in the bottom 6 again. If we're in the top 6 or so and in the last 8 of the League Cup come December crowds will be good and half season ticket sales will be great. Regardless of who the manager is. Some of us ARE fickle.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
Crowds will only be down if we're in the bottom 6 again. If we're in the top 6 or so and in the last 8 of the League Cup come December crowds will be good and half season ticket sales will be great. Regardless of who the manager is. Some of us ARE fickle.

I made this point on another post about how when we scraped the win against Fulham, fans were buzzing. Then when were demolished by an Arsenal team playing in second gear, fans were despondent again. Scrape a draw against Yelsea, and fans will be talking up our potential again. 

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »

We're not fickle!
We just don't like it!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »

I made this point on another post about how when we scraped the win against Fulham, fans were buzzing. Then when were demolished by an Arsenal team playing in second gear, fans were despondent again. Scrape a draw against Yelsea, and fans will be talking up our potential again. 
The post match euphoria after Fulham puzzled me as well.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »

Fans happy after victory with some decent football and pissed off after a defeat where we didn't turn up eh? Who'd evra thunk it? If that's what makes us fickle then I think you can ascribe the term to pretty much every fan in the country.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
One thing I learned many years ago is that football supporters want to watch football. Nothing much else matters.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »

Fans happy after victory with some decent football and pissed off after a defeat where we didn't turn up eh? Who'd evra thunk it? If that's what makes us fickle then I think you can ascribe the term to pretty much every fan in the country.

Oh of course, but some fans seemed to ascribe it to the bigger picture, a mistake in my view. Some seemed to take the Fulham game as an example of us going forward as a team. To be honest, I think that was a more hopeful than a considered reaction, which is understandable (I was latching onto any good sign earlier in the season), but the Arsenal game provided a bit of a reality check.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
It depends on how you define football.  We didn't produce much, if any, football away at Spurs or Arsenal.  I doubt many fans were happy to watch it either, and that's the Manager's fault.    I also think it matters a lot if the football you are watching is at least a bit entertaining, and it matters a lot if it is in the PL or a lower level. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal