collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 07:58:45 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 07:57:10 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:52:17 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by TheMalandro
[Today at 07:48:29 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:46:41 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:45:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:45:31 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:43:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa to play 3 games in US for Preseason  (Read 18623 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Villa to play 3 games in US for Preseason
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »
Chicago Fire have 78,000 fans on FIFA 12 which is way more than any other MLS club.

Any particular reason for this?
Who gives a fuck?

Is there any need for that? They are a fan base that we don't know. The last US trip we found that there are actually a lot of good people out there who aren't as bitter or miserable as some of us have become.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
I have been away from these pages for quite some time, but kept in touch with a number of the posters, mainly through Facebook. After a spell in Orlando and Houston, I returned to Chicago in December 2011 and could not be happier with this news. I hope Mac and Dave do not mind me posting this, but I have set up an event page on Facebook to try and collect as many ideas as possible to make this as memorable as the visit to Columbus in 2007. Great to see my old mucker TV still posting here. Maybe we can do a repeat of the fans game. I have already reached out to people at the Fire to see if they are interested.

If you are on Facebook, please sign up to the event at http://www.facebook.com/events/359316637445257/ and spread the word.

Again. if I am violating any rules by posting this, please forgive me.

UTV and here's to July 21st!!!

Simon, still posting, still miserable despite being hopelessly optimistic that the sun will come out eventually. Hope you have been well. Would love to catch up with you. Massively gutted that I have come to the realisation that I cannot make Chicago. Timing is bad. But I will be in Philly. Can you make that?

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »
Is this so that Randy can finally watch a fucking match?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »
I see that season ticket holders who renew before 31st May get entered in a prize draw to win a trip there.
Theres probably only going to be a few in that draw. 

Oooh! Fingers crossed...

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »
I'd uncross them if I were you Leeg.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
Chicago Fire have 78,000 fans on FIFA 12 which is way more than any other MLS club.

Who gives a fuck?

Is there any need for that? They are a fan base that we don't know. The last US trip we found that there are actually a lot of good people out there who aren't as bitter or miserable as some of us have become.

Check out other examples of his posts on similar lines.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »

Probably as Chicago Villa takes up so many seats at Toyota Park, the stadium looks half full just with him in there. He really is their own Barry Austin.

Offline Chicago_Villa

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »

Probably as Chicago Villa takes up so many seats at Toyota Park, the stadium looks half full just with him in there. He really is their own Barry Austin.

Still weighing in at approx 185lbs. Not bad considering I hit 43 tomorrow, and have about as much physical exercise as Stephen Hawkins.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 09:00:35 PM »

Still weighing in at approx 185kgs. Not bad considering I hit 43 tomorrow, and have about as much physical exercise as Stephen Hawkins.

Have a great day, just go easy on the cake, Simon Pieman.

Offline Chicago_Villa

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »

Still weighing in at approx 185kgs. Not bad considering I hit 43 tomorrow, and have about as much physical exercise as Stephen Hawkins.

Have a great day, just go easy on the cake, Simon Pieman.

Slight tangent - for those who are going you will be pleased to know that alcohol is served at the ground, and when I was there on Saturday, there was even a bar with liquor!. Beer was priced at $10 for a can poured into(plastic) glass about the size of a UK pint, and $8 for a smaller can or draught beer (little over 1/2 pint). Not sure how much the hard stuff was.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
What the FUCK is "liquor" Simon? You fucking yank! ;-)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
I am pretty excited for the Philly game.  Would have loved a NYC game, but I can't complain about the extra 110 miles to get to Chester PA.

I have always wanted to go to Portland, and my wife really wants to go too.

I wonder if I could somehow work our first Portland trip into the mix and pretend that it's just a coincidence that Villa happens to be playing while we are there...

Paul, I suggest you fly out to Liberty, Missouri, then take a wagon and horses to Portland. Start now and you'll be there for kick-off. The original pioneers used to set off about this time so there would be enough grazing for the horses and cattle. Your wife will love the Little House on the Prairie Oregon Trail theme so much, she won't notice the Villa are playing. Sorted!

Offline Chicago_Villa

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »
What the FUCK is "liquor" Simon? You fucking yank! ;-)

Hark at the posh vino quaffing frog!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
I bloody am quaffing vino, to calm my nerves. Just back from selling a PS3 game to two dodgy characters on a supermarket car park at 11pm. They turned up in a Peugeot 607 with hoodies and "I'm fucking suspicious and an evil cut-throat" written all over them.  I was shitting meself for a minute.

Offline Chicago_Villa

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
I bloody am quaffing vino, to calm my nerves. Just back from selling a PS3 game to two dodgy characters on a supermarket car park at 11pm. They turned up in a Peugeot 607 with hoodies and "I'm fucking suspicious and an evil cut-throat" written all over them.  I was shitting meself for a minute.

Aren't you allowed to arm yourself with a nice crusty baguette to thrust in a stabbing motion toward hoodlums like that, or is that only reserved as a line of defence against those smelly North African illegals?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal