collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Less De-pressing  (Read 10702 times)

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
Re: Less De-pressing
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
I don't want to defend the guy at all, after his 'we were in it untill the third goal' line who could ? but... he wasn't at fault for the first goal was he, that was Given. He wasn't at fault for the second, that was Cuellar. Arsenal are, even when we were beating them in previous recent seasons, better than us and Saturday was overdue at that stadium. We can't win there every season.

It's still a complete and utter bag of shite of a season though. All I want is a Villa side that goes beyond mere professional performance:show a bit of passion and we'd be 100% behind you whatever the results. I hate this tame surrender to the top 6 and that's down to self motivation/belief in ones ability, not just what the manager says.

'Get into em and f*** em up' as we used to say .

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »
McLeish's biggest problem is that he seems to have no capacity to motivate or inspire players. He's obviously an intelligent guy, and we have some good players, (most of whom are playing well within their capabilities,) but if you cannot motivate the players it just doesn't matter a jot how good they are.

Say what you like about pubehead, for all the damage he did to our club, he consistently got the most out of some very average players.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
McLeish's biggest problem is that he seems to have no capacity to motivate or inspire players. He's obviously an intelligent guy,

I'm sorry, I actually think he's not that bright, tactically hopeless and helpless, totally devoid of ideas or originality, stuck in the past. In that regard, he's like a hell of a lot of British managers currently getting jobs all over the place.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
It doesn't matter what we think of McLeish, Sir Alex Ferguson likes him, so it doesn't matter....

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
Once you start being compared to O'Leary, things are pretty bad.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
McLeish's biggest problem is that he seems to have no capacity to motivate or inspire players. He's obviously an intelligent guy,

I'm sorry, I actually think he's not that bright, tactically hopeless and helpless, totally devoid of ideas or originality, stuck in the past. In that regard, he's like a hell of a lot of British managers currently getting jobs all over the place.

Agreed, I'm not sure what kind of "obvious intelligence" is displayed by continually making the same stupid decisions that are guaranteed to rile the fans he is supposedly trying to win over. Stupid is as stupid does and what he does is monumentally stupid. And, as DW says, baffling. 

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
He might have been given an easier ride after performances and results like Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal if we had achieved better performances and results against teams he might call 'non-elite'. I could take results like Saturday easier if we could manage to beat sides like Swansea, Everton and QPR at home for starters.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »
Starting with heskey is just bonkers... If either of these clowns are here next year we are doomed... (* okay even more doomed *)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »

I have been struck by the blindingly obvious this afternoon - if AM can't do anything about the slump/dire football/morale/tactics etc when we are shit then he can't take any credit when we do play well (occasionally) can he?

Bet he'll try though when we get that gritty draw against Bolton...

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

I have been struck by the blindingly obvious this afternoon - if AM can't do anything about the slump/dire football/morale/tactics etc when we are shit then he can't take any credit when we do play well (occasionally) can he?

Bet he'll try though when we get that gritty draw against Bolton...

The 'slump' is all this season so far and his doing.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
As the pressure intensifies, the more likely he is to say something disparaging about the supporters, then all hell will break loose.

Yep. This is what I think will happen. At that point, I imagine the disconnect between fans and management will become irreconcilable.

Offline swiss1968

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »
What pees me off is that all this was pretty predictable from the start .

Offline woody4866

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
I saw AM on the lash last week with that other tactical genius Gordon Strachan in the Saxon Mill, probably swapping notes  :(
Mrs W threatened me with death most horrible if I so much as looked at him funny, but it wound me up something rotten to see that twat laughing and joking without a care in the world

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
Something which is becoming particularly alarming is his apparent inability to get the players to carry out his instructions. I don't think we've got the mass fallouts we had under Houllier but instead, it would appear a group who simply don't listen/respect/understand the what the manager is asking them to do which is even worse that the previous regime alienating players.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
I saw AM on the lash last week with that other tactical genius Gordon Strachan in the Saxon Mill, probably swapping notes  :(
Mrs W threatened me with death most horrible if I so much as looked at him funny, but it wound me up something rotten to see that twat laughing and joking without a care in the world

I'd liked to have seen him sacked before he'd even been given a parking space but I dont suppose he's enjoying life much at the moment, I'm not going to knock him for a having a beer with a mate. I'd imagine the stress levels of management are horrendous and the bloke looks like he's aged 10 years in as many months.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal