collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away allocation at Arsenal  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Away allocation at Arsenal
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
One thing I did notice was at least three groups of Arsenal daytrippers turning up with tickets in our section. Where they got them from would be interesting.

Yes there were a couple in front of us as well. They seemed find our football team rather amusing.

All the regulars in the Blarney Stone find us amusing, but that has deteriorated lately to pure pity. They genuinely cannot understand how we have become so poor so quickly. The only saving grace is that the time difference means I can watch us at 11pm and be fairly pissed, then carry on drinking without moronic UK Licensing laws to stop the anaesthetics flowing till the early hours..

Offline chazvilla

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:45 AM »
Well the club sold our 4 tickets twice, so ours were blocked. We had to go to the ticket office, argue with them / Villa for 20 minutes before being told by Villa that even though it was their mistake, WE had to buy 4 more tickets and then get a refund later. Got to our seats just in time to see the 2nd go in. Brilliant. Fucking awesome being a Villa fan these days.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
Well the club sold our 4 tickets twice, so ours were blocked. We had to go to the ticket office, argue with them / Villa for 20 minutes before being told by Villa that even though it was their mistake, WE had to buy 4 more tickets and then get a refund later. Got to our seats just in time to see the 2nd go in. Brilliant. Fucking awesome being a Villa fan these days.

Yes, but apart from that, did you have a good day?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
One thing I did notice was at least three groups of Arsenal daytrippers turning up with tickets in our section. Where they got them from would be interesting.

The back two Rows around where we sat were all tourists.  We had a class of Spanish kids next to us, a few Germans in front and some Scandanavians behind. I had more satisfaction from brushing up on my foreign language skills than anything that happened on the pitch.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »
4 of my mates came down for the game and 3 of them left at half time to go back to the pub. We left with about 20 miniues to go

And there was the old boy behind us who fell asleep in his seat in the first half......

Offline chazvilla

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
fantastic day Villa aside. First beer at 11am in the Sun, then ended up in the Griffin after.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:28 AM »

Yes there were a couple in front of us as well. They seemed find our football team rather amusing.

All the regulars in the Blarney Stone find us amusing, but that has deteriorated lately to pure pity. They genuinely cannot understand how we have become so poor so quickly. The only saving grace is that the time difference means I can watch us at 11pm and be fairly pissed, then carry on drinking without moronic UK Licensing laws to stop the anaesthetics flowing till the early hours..

The Blarney Stone, eh?  How appropriate.  I think I know of somebody who has kissed that lately.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »

The Blarney Stone, eh?  How appropriate.  I think I know of somebody who has kissed that lately.

Never heard it called that before.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »

Very good! - what's Jon been up to then?!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »

Very good! - what's Jon been up to then?!

:o

I was thinking more of McLeish's post match comments.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal