collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away allocation at Arsenal  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Eastleighvilla

Away allocation at Arsenal
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
Does anyone know why we only had a somewhat smaller following than usual?
I never miss this fixture and was disapointed, but not surprised, Did the club generally believe we wouldn't sell out, Our away support in the capital is usually strong.I realise times are hard and the team is struggling, but our away support is the hard core, once that diminishes we are in trouble

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Away allocation at Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
This season we have only been taking the initial away allocation for all games.

If we take any extra we have to pay for them and unsold tickets are non refundable.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
Probably didn't help that 5,000 plus of us were there a couple of months back.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
And we aren't very entertaining to watch at the moment either.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:42:13 PM »
The tickets only sold out about Wednesday, so the club made the correct decision. I admire anyone brave enough to shell out £48 for Liverpool, when we are all but guaranteed to serve up tripe again.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 08:43:02 PM »
The tickets only sold out about Wednesday, so the club made the correct decision. I admire anyone brave enough to shell out £48 for Liverpool, when we are all but guaranteed to serve up tripe again.

I quite fancy us to get a result there, after all they've struggled against shit teams.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »

£48 ? I look forward to watching the aforementioned tripe on my laptop for free, if I can be bothered at the time.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »

I didn't realise that Arsenal had sold out. There were quite a few empty places scattered around.

I'm one of the mugs going to the Fuhrerbunker in a couple of weeks

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »

I didn't realise that Arsenal had sold out. There were quite a few empty places scattered around.

Those empty seats belonged to people who went back to the pub, a whole row disappeared in front of me after 20 mins.

Offline villajk

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

I've noticed that a lot this season.  I've put it down to groups congregating together.  Our son is a culprit of this.  His seat is purchased with ours through the away scheme but he chooses to stand with his mates.  pft

See you at Anfield.

Offline villajk

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »

Those empty seats belonged to people who went back to the pub, a whole row disappeared in front of me after 20 mins.

Ah, and that could be another reason.

Offline black pearl of inchicore

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »

Ah, and that could be another reason.
Did anyone see the Villa team in the Pub after 20 mins??????  I heard Heskey was in the Queen Vic by half time.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
One thing I did notice was at least three groups of Arsenal daytrippers turning up with tickets in our section. Where they got them from would be interesting.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »
One thing I did notice was at least three groups of Arsenal daytrippers turning up with tickets in our section. Where they got them from would be interesting.

Yes there were a couple in front of us as well. They seemed find our football team rather amusing.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »

Yes there were a couple in front of us as well. They seemed find our football team rather amusing.

I wonder if the smug wankers were laughing quite so hard in last years fixture.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal