collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So what does a fan do?  (Read 22937 times)

Offline Jimmy Smash

Re: So what does a fan do?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:29 PM »
The curious thing about this thread is that I find myself almost apologising for turning up every week. What a strange world we inhabit.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:45:02 PM by Jimmy Smash »

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
So what's the alternative? Nobody goes until the current regime has gone? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious about your views.
That wont happen, there are 15 to 18 thousand die hards, there is probably twice that amount with varying levels of commitment. I would never tell someone not to go but i would not criticise people that chose to vote with thier feet. We look like a slow motion train crash, the only thing that will get thier attention is a low take up of STs and fans voicing thier concerns. If RL got a mail bag of 500 letters of complaint and started to realise that people are not buying the bullshit anymore he might wake up.

That's okay but crowds above 30,000 every game might be the only thing that keeps us out of the Championship next season.
yep and garauntees another season of the same crap that we are suffering now. its a tough call.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »
Jimmy Smash, well played to you, no need to get abused for your devotion. My feelings have dimmed over the years from starting to watch Villa in the old 3rd division, you carry on supporting mate and how you are doing something wrong, I havent got a scooby

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
Hawkeye, what do you suggest? Jimmy Smash is supporting his team FFS

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »
We don't appoint the manager, pick the team or buy the players.
Owners, chief execs, directors, players will come and go these are variables that unless you have mega bucks I/you/we will never have great power over, what we SHOULD have is passion for OUR club and that should always be shown inside OUR ground.
I fully accept anybodies right to an opinion on AVFC, but please don't make OUR teams job any more difficult by making them think they are playing in front of FANS (An ardent devotee; an enthusiast) who don't really want to be there, if you really are that put out then stay away and let the FANS (An ardent devotee; an enthusiast) who wish to get behind them do so .
Is it really that difficult?
Yes you could get them all to sware an oath at the turnstile, maybe get some uniforms and a special salute.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
Well you could read what I have posted.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »
Okay that's settled then. Nobody goes next home game. At least my lawn will get mowed.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Okay that's settled then. Nobody goes next home game. At least my lawn will get mowed.
if you have a bit of time on yer hands, mine could do with a cut.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »
if you have a bit of time on yer hands, mine could do with a cut.

Actually I was going to get my nephew to do mine seeing as he won't be going either. Doubt he'll do yours though, he's a lazy little git at the best of times.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »

To be honest, I couldnt be bothered to read most of the thread, just dont think having a go at someone who goes on a regular basis is fair

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »

To be honest, I couldnt be bothered to read most of the thread, just dont think having a go at someone who goes on a regular basis is fair
as you said you didnt read the thread.

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »
There was me thinking you had come up with some great reasoning for not watching the club fans love. Hey presto, the novel idea is to write to the chairman, that is going to sort things out lol. Did you get a reply lol

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 11:10:24 PM »
To answer the question in the title, a fan supports the team. No matter who the manager is, or the owner, or any fucking anyone else, a Villa fan supports Aston Villa.
We've been worse than this, we'll probably be even worse in the future, we'll also get much better than this, we have been before. Just support your club! Just like the fans of Darlington or Lincoln or Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday or.....you get the picture, bad times happen, proper fans stick by their club.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »
Better stick to watching the gee-gees on C4 on a Saturday then Hawkeye. You could always write to the Aga Khan if your horse doesn't come in.

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15:53 PM »
My late brother missed 4 games home and away in old third division, went to a few games when we won the old league. Proper fans support the club through thick and thin, regardless of who the manager is. Yes, we will have gripes, but dont slag off people who support the club rather than write a nothing letter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal