collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Matt C
[Today at 12:39:38 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Matt C
[Today at 12:36:48 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[Today at 12:33:49 AM]

NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 12:14:34 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So what does a fan do?  (Read 22961 times)

Offline Jimmy Smash

Re: So what does a fan do?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
Black scarves until they all clear off would be my suggestion

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »
I'm still paying my money, turning up, every home game, most aways. Are you?
I am sure that will work

As opposed to not bothering to go and using the current situation as a convenient excuse to sit on your arse at home every game?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
I am sure that will work

As opposed to not bothering to go and using the current situation as a convenient excuse to sit on your arse at home every game?
I dont need an excuse to go or not go its a choice, right now I chose to go less just like thousands of other fans, because I totaly disagree with the way the club is being run and managed and I have let the club know this.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »
Been here, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt, blah blah blah.
Turner, Venglos, McNeil, O'Dreary, McJudas, soon we wil we down to the 15,000 REAL fans that we have always bottomed out to till the good times start to roll again.
Solution, get behind the team, support them, sing the clubs and  players names make VP OUR fortress and make the team feel like they aren't playing on eggshells, stop booing every bad pass wrong move and unfortunate own goals.
We are ASTON VILLA we have won everything that europes league have to offer over 138 years, we will win these cups again and again.
Please please please GET BEHIND OUR TEAM ALWAYS.
ASTON VILLA MOTTO : PREPARED
WE ARE ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB, not mcleish, lerner, ellis, etc.
WE ARE ASTON VILLA, us the FANS "An ardent devotee; an enthusiast"
Get It.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Do what we did last season, we were in a similar position and someone started a 'bring a flag/scarf' initiative for the game at home to Newcastle, with the intention of creating a much needed positive atmosphere and a sea of claret and blue - just to get behind the players for once really. I was in the Upper Holte that day and I can tell you that we got over 37,000 in and created a really good, passionate atmosphere, and most importantly got behind the team.

The result?

We won 1-0, and moved a vital 5 points clear of the bottom 3, and had a decent end to the season. It was regarded as our 'turn around' game and you occasionally see that mentioned on here, more so recently. So why not do a similar thing, perhaps for the Chelsea game? Or the Stoke game being as that's more 'win-able', I don't know - though what I do know is that we have to start getting behind this team, giving them some confidence, or we're going to find ourselves in some real brown sticky stuff.

We need to start as soon as possible. Chelsea might not be easily winnable but a positive reaction from the home crowd, plus Chelski's need for points and lack of confidence this season might just get us something.

They might be out for revenge for the result at their place but it's worth a go.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
I am sure that will work

I dont need an excuse to go or not go its a choice, right now I chose to go less just like thousands of other fans, because I totaly disagree with the way the club is being run and managed and I have let the club know this.

How very commendable of you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:11:27 PM by Jimmy Smash »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
Do what we did last season, we were in a similar position and someone started a 'bring a flag/scarf' initiative for the game at home to Newcastle, with the intention of creating a much needed positive atmosphere and a sea of claret and blue - just to get behind the players for once really. I was in the Upper Holte that day and I can tell you that we got over 37,000 in and created a really good, passionate atmosphere, and most importantly got behind the team.

The result?

We won 1-0, and moved a vital 5 points clear of the bottom 3, and had a decent end to the season. It was regarded as our 'turn around' game and you occasionally see that mentioned on here, more so recently. So why not do a similar thing, perhaps for the Chelsea game? Or the Stoke game being as that's more 'win-able', I don't know - though what I do know is that we have to start getting behind this team, giving them some confidence, or we're going to find ourselves in some real brown sticky stuff.

We need to start as soon as possible. Chelsea might not be easily winnable but a positive reaction from the home crowd, plus Chelski's need for points and lack of confidence this season might just get us something.

They might be out for revenge for the result at their place but it's worth a go.

Exactly! We're all sitting around being negative, with our thumbs up our arses and hoping something magically changes.

Well why don't we contribute more in the one medium we can? By pushing the team forward and instilling confidence into them.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
I am sure that will work

Very commendable of you.
Enough of the sarcasm, you win in the better fan than yow race. Well done. If you want to end up  at VP with 15,000 like minded souls then great. I have been there it wasnt much fun.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
So what's the alternative? Nobody goes until the current regime has gone? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious about your views.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
“Villa have been a great club, are still a great club, and always will be a great club.”

When the naysayers have had their say, and the good times roll again we will will welcome them back with open arms and not say told you so.
Aston Villa is our family and we will always open our arms to the brethryn.
138 years in the making.
VTWD.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 10:25:18 PM »

The result?

Been here, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt, blah blah blah.
Turner, Venglos, McNeil, O'Dreary, McJudas, soon we wil we down to the 15,000 REAL fans that we have always bottomed out to till the good times start to roll again.
Solution, get behind the team, support them, sing the clubs and  players names make VP OUR fortress and make the team feel like they aren't playing on eggshells, stop booing every bad pass wrong move and unfortunate own goals.
We are ASTON VILLA we have won everything that europes league have to offer over 138 years, we will win these cups again and again.
Please please please GET BEHIND OUR TEAM ALWAYS.
ASTON VILLA MOTTO : PREPARED
WE ARE ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB, not mcleish, lerner, ellis, etc.
WE ARE ASTON VILLA, us the FANS "An ardent devotee; an enthusiast"
Get It.

I think these two posts give the best possible answer. We have this place to whinge and moan on. Lets make the stadium positive and supportive. I don't think anything will see McLeish sacked in the short term. You can send as many letters, organise as many protests as you like but the board isn't listening. Best to take our medicine and let it run its course be that him getting sacked or that he actually builds some success.

Besides if he's sacked then no doubt some smug media twat will say that he was let down by the fans not backing him rather than the fact that he's a downright substandard manager. Support the team and the twats won't say that.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
So what's the alternative? Nobody goes until the current regime has gone? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious about your views.
That wont happen, there are 15 to 18 thousand die hards, there is probably twice that amount with varying levels of commitment. I would never tell someone not to go but i would not criticise people that chose to vote with thier feet. We look like a slow motion train crash, the only thing that will get thier attention is a low take up of STs and fans voicing thier concerns. If RL got a mail bag of 500 letters of complaint and started to realise that people are not buying the bullshit anymore he might wake up.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
These rallying calls to get behind the lads are about as effective as the protests outside the Trinity. Last season Lerner still had some loyalty from the fans because of the nature of MON departure. This time he has Mcliesh.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »
That wont happen, there are 15 to 18 thousand die hards, there is probably twice that amount with varying levels of commitment. I would never tell someone not to go but i would not criticise people that chose to vote with thier feet. We look like a slow motion train crash, the only thing that will get thier attention is a low take up of STs and fans voicing thier concerns. If RL got a mail bag of 500 letters of complaint and started to realise that people are not buying the bullshit anymore he might wake up.

That's okay but crowds above 30,000 every game might be the only thing that keeps us out of the Championship next season.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
We don't appoint the manager, pick the team or buy the players.
Owners, chief execs, directors, players will come and go these are variables that unless you have mega bucks I/you/we will never have great power over, what we SHOULD have is passion for OUR club and that should always be shown inside OUR ground.
I fully accept anybodies right to an opinion on AVFC, but please don't make OUR teams job any more difficult by making them think they are playing in front of FANS (An ardent devotee; an enthusiast) who don't really want to be there, if you really are that put out then stay away and let the FANS (An ardent devotee; an enthusiast) who wish to get behind them do so .
Is it really that difficult?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal