collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I demand a positive response!  (Read 9745 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: I demand a positive response!
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »
So the twat starts with Heskey who does fuck all.

Weimann comes on shows a lot of energy and looks  enthusiastic  and he  criticises him

The twat should criticise himself as a manager by saying ' you need to score goals to win matches , I started with Heskey , he does not score goals , so there is a good chance we wont win '

GET HIM OUT !!!!!!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »

Weimann comes on shows a lot of energy and looks  enthusiastic  and he  criticises him

Except that he didn't actually criticise him.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
It's interesting that McL demands a 'positive response' from his players yet the fans have been demanding this all season: a positive appoach, a bit of fight and to be entertained and HE has failed to deliver that so what hope of the players doing what he 'demands'.

Prozac anyone.........

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Was at the game today with an arsenal mate sat up behind our goal 1st half (a fucking abominable shambles of a performance) and wanted to see if anyone else noticed during a break in play, after 30/40mins, Given shouting at Mcleish and waving his arms as if to say 'cmon what the fucks goin on/sort it out etc.' and turning away in exasperation when mcleish responds by gesturing to the part of his arm where the captains armband would be??
If he's deflecting responsibility on to his captain, and indicating he is not doing his job, then perhaps he should remember who made him captain.  And perhaps it might occur to him to do something about it.  This bloke is like the nightmare combination of McNeill (incompetent)  Turner (massively out of his depth) and DOL (enormous gobshite).  It can't possibly end well.  But ultimately I blame Lerner for not being able to see the brain-stuntingly fucking obvious.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
He actually said "we were playing Arsenal today, one of the elite clubs" in the Beeb interview. He actually said it.

How on earth does saying such a thing lift or inspire a club and its fans?  Does any other manager actually use this "elite clubs" term?  Tabloid journalists talk this kind of disrespectful shite but our manager?  What message does it send to the kids?  The Gary Gardners of this world are soon going to be saying to themselves, "I need to be playing for an 'elite' club." 

This kind of lack of motivational nous worries me - and annoys me - greatly.  If anything, it is when he says this kind of stuff that I really want him gone from the club.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
Being a man or two down dose'nt mean you have to throw in experience. Heskey just seemed to be playing the role as an extra man on the pitch. Weimann came on and played like a striker and it made such a difference.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
I can't see anything more than surrender coming up in the next few games.

It's difficult to see where any points are coming from in the next 8 games. Maybe Albion and Norwich, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
That team were beaten before they went on the pitch yesterday. We are now so small time it makes me want to weep. He is sucking the life out of the club.

There is no doubt he has written off the remaining games this season v Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Spurs and relying on scratching enough points from the other five. That is so dangerous.

We are heading for our lowest points total since 86/87 and we will only be saved by the paucity of the teams below us.

I reckon it will be very very close.

Offline ez

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
Each time he plays Heskey is another nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned.
How many times does that have to fail before he stops doing it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
If those comments about Weimann are true then it defies believe. Weimann was very good IMO.

And some people think this is a man who can bring through our young players when he criticises them unfairly?

Eh? Having watched the link he actually says that Weimann made a difference when he came on. Okay he did say that "normally he'd have gone for goal" about the pass/shot that went across the goal, but that's hardly undermining the kid!

Exactly. But it's open fire on the poor ****** at the moment so people are looking for offence when there isn't any there. Although that ''elite club'' phrase does severely piss me off. It may be true but it's not the thing to be mentioning every time we play them.

I don't buy the ''we're lucky that the standard is so low this season and there's 5 teams even worse than us'' line. I don't see anyone cut adrift á la the likes of Derby, Sunderland and Swindon in the past.
Aren't we unlucky that two of the promoted teams actually have great managers with a philosophy that makes-up for a lack of star players? Otherwise we'd be two places higher. We are 15th because that's how good/bad/indifferent we are. I expect that to improve, if not by much, between now and the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal