collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:15:24 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:15:24 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 01:04:38 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 01:03:39 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:02:42 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by devilla
[Today at 01:00:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 12:59:18 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I demand a positive response!  (Read 9698 times)

Offline --1982--

Re: I demand a positive response!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
Also why play midfielders if their roles are limited to forming part of a deep sitting and disorganised back 8 and then watching an long ball aimed towards the inside left channel for heskey not to win, just too dire all round

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
Was at the game today with an arsenal mate sat up behind our goal 1st half (a fucking abominable shambles of a performance) and wanted to see if anyone else noticed during a break in play, after 30/40mins, Given shouting at Mcleish and waving his arms as if to say 'cmon what the fucks goin on/sort it out etc.' and turning away in exasperation when mcleish responds by gesturing to the part of his arm where the captains armband would be??

We have started "Eck-watch" at home matches trying to work out what the hell he is telling them to do - what does "point at upper arm" mean?

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »
Each time he plays Heskey is another nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Offline --1982--

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »
Was at the game today with an arsenal mate sat up behind our goal 1st half (a fucking abominable shambles of a performance) and wanted to see if anyone else noticed during a break in play, after 30/40mins, Given shouting at Mcleish and waving his arms as if to say 'cmon what the fucks goin on/sort it out etc.' and turning away in exasperation when mcleish responds by gesturing to the part of his arm where the captains armband would be??

We have started "Eck-watch" at home matches trying to work out what the hell he is telling them to do - what does "point at upper arm" mean?

It is one of life's great mysteries, perhaps the upper arm holds the key to our total dutch football...tbh he might as well perform YMCA dance on the sidelines for all the help his 'instructions' offered

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »
If those comments about Weimann are true then it defies believe. Weimann was very good IMO.

And some people think this is a man who can bring through our young players when he criticises them unfairly?

Eh? Having watched the link he actually says that Weimann made a difference when he came on. Okay he did say that "normally he'd have gone for goal" about the pass/shot that went across the goal, but that's hardly undermining the kid!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:13 PM »
Then they aren't true then. :D

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »
Err...dunno, but I've had beer now!

Offline Ray Graydon

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 11:00:13 PM »
I'm just sick of the same old shit from him, " People expect us to win but we have to be realistic!!!"

I don't expect us to win every game but I do expect us to compete & if the manager thinks we've fucking lost before we kick off we might as well not travel.

Every interview is like him totally fucking negative, he can blame player's, the fan's or anything he likes but the bottom line is we should be doing alot better than we are with the talent he has at his disposal & he has to take responsibility for that

His tactics are shocking, he doesn't seem to be able to inspire any of the players.He is just so out of his depth & should never have had a sniff of managing our club, we are & always will be a great club, just being there to make up the numbers is not what we expect or deserve.

I don't blame him for accepting the appointment but I do blame him for the way we are playing & the continual negative outlook he portrays, I just wish he would acknowledge that he may have contributed in some small way to where we find ourselves in the league.

I really do fear for us this season it's spookily like the knuckle draggers season last year minus a trophy

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
Watched Stoke v citeh earlier, stoke were outplayed for periods but kept having a go, contrast that to the way we appoached citeh at home.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »
Alex, people don't expect us to win all the time, they'd just like it if you didn't pick Heskey and instruct the team to stand in their own penalty area shitting themselves for the entire game. You could also fuck off as well, that would improve things.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
Alex, people don't expect us to win all the time, they'd just like it if you didn't pick Heskey and instruct the team to stand in their own penalty area shitting themselves for the entire game. You could also fuck off as well, that would improve things.

Hilarious

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »
Not sure what i make of those comments. Yes, we are down to the bare bones selection wise, but the fact remains some players, regardless of the tactics, didn't put a shift in today. He'd have been better off saying nowt or sending out someone else while he "had words" in the dressing room. He should realise we were below par even given the gulf in class

Offline caster troy

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
McLeish is horribly out of his depth at Aston Villa Football Club. End of story.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 12:56:31 AM »
Oh, and those of you who thought Villa were safe, no chance of getting relegated, we're too good to go down.  Shut up idiots!!

Ouch.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 02:26:28 AM »
'People expect us to win', nope Alec you have again completely misunderstood. The fans expect us to attack and have a go like many clubs in the league have done. Obviously sometimes we will lose against sides with better resources, but if we give it a go the fans will support the team like they did against Arsenal at home. Our squad may not be the best, but the talent available is a lot better than is reflected by its position in the league currently. He will never succeed here, because he will/cannot understand this fact. That's not being an anti-Mcleish Villa fan, it's just clearly the reality of the situation.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:38:08 AM by PaulWinch »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal