collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who is to blame?  (Read 54588 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Who is to blame?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
I think I have the answer to the last question...

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
McLeish, Lerner and Faulkner.

All about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
For the position we find ourselves in.

Simple question.

you are :)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Still has to be Lerner in the main for me, only a fuckwit would keep sanctioning big money and big wages on so-so players, or in the case of Heskey, fucking atrocious players.

Nobody at board level has the slightest clue on footballing matters, so he was quite happy to keep the till open for O'Neill, he slammed it shut much too late, now we've got to suffer.

The appointment of McLeish was the final steaming turd in the water pipe and defies all rational logic on every level.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »

Simple question.

Even I couldn't have fucked it up to this extent.

A whoop of baboons could have done a better job.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »

Simple question.

Even I couldn't have fucked it up to this extent.

A whoop of baboons could have done a better job.

Ah thanks Mark, the 'whoop of baboons' bit made me laugh.

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »
As I said to my mate a few weeks ago

'It's almost like they sat down and PLANNED to fuck everything up, you couldn't do better if you tried.'

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Lerner.  I have never encountered such inept leadership before. Absolutely invisible whilst the club goes from crisis to crisis. He appointed all these managers, he takes the blame. Also he gave MON too much power, again, his fault.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
Lerner.  I have never encountered such inept leadership before. Absolutely invisible whilst the club goes from crisis to crisis. He appointed all these managers, he takes the blame. Also he gave MON too much power, again, his fault.

This...

I think Randy is just out of his depth and Faulkner compounds it.
He is not doing it on purpose and he has put a lotta dosh in but he is the man at the top.
McLeish is the fall guy.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »
Probably all of them played a part but I think it is getting too long to keep blaming O'Neill. We should have regrouped by now nearly two years later.

I don't blame Lerner for shutting off the money. That's his perogative. A well managed club could manage to deal with reduced input from the owner. We have been managed truly ineptly the last few years and have exhibited a complete lack of footballing knowledge at boardroom level. This culminated in appointing a manager who had failed in his previous job. The one manager who due to a combination of this failure, his past association with City and most importantly his dire brand at football was sure to make him horribly unpopular at Villa Park. Only a fuckwit couldn't have seen that. Actually, scratch that, most of us fuckwits did.

And don't get me started on McLeish and his awful football, terribly defeatest attitude and poor managerial ability. I've gone through it too many times to even bother to type it out in detail again.

It's just a mess. A horrible mess with no end in sight. Sorry lads. As Paulie has said elsewhere he's here to stay. I'm just so disheartened.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »
Probably all of them played a part but I think it is getting too long to keep blaming O'Neill. We should have regrouped by now nearly two years later.

I don't blame Lerner for shutting off the money. That's his perogative. A well managed club could manage to deal with reduced input from the owner. We have been managed truly ineptly the last few years and have exhibited a complete lack of footballing knowledge at boardroom level. This culminated in appointing a manager who had failed in his previous job. The one manager who due to a combination of this failure, his past association with City and most importantly his dire brand at football was sure to make him horribly unpopular at Villa Park. Only a fuckwit couldn't have seen that. Actually, scratch that, most of us fuckwits did.

And don't get me started on McLeish and his awful football, terribly defeatest attitude and poor managerial ability. I've gone through it too many times to even bother to type it out in detail again.

It's just a mess. A horrible mess with no end in sight. Sorry lads. As Paulie has said elsewhere he's here to stay. I'm just so disheartened.

Summed up perfectly, there is no hope it is completely extinguished.

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
Has to be the board I'm afraid. They employ the management and set the strategy (financial). Clueless.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
The chairman, unfortunately.

He managed the finances in such away that it really was shit or bust, and we are now seeing the bust bit.

Worse than that, on two occasions, he displayed a staggering ineptitude in identifying a manager, such that, last time, he targeted a man who has spent most of the season bottom (again), only to get turned down and then appoint a guy who actually failed to keep his last team in the top flight.

Randy stumped up a lot of money at first, but by his own sheer incompetence has pissed away everything achieved in four years.

Look at us now. Fifteenth, dreadful team, a manager the fans loathe, no money to spend, and dwindling crowds.

In other words, exactly where we were at the end of  the 2005-6 season, except now we are hugely in debt, too.

The guy clearly had good intentions - at least till he got bored of it all - but has proven on both sides of the Atlantic that he knows nothing at all about running a sport business.
This is the Truth of it, what an absoloute shambles.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
I blame modern football.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »
Lerner Lerner and Lerner. Appoints people he gets on with not the best people for the job. The level of incompetence is astounding, only supporter power will bring change.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal