collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ireland going to NY Red Bulls?  (Read 16548 times)

Offline myf

Re: Ireland going to NY Red Bulls?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
Playing well but not worth 70k a week. if we got 5m i'd rip their hands off

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
Better bloody not be...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
Silly season starts early.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
Not sure selling our most talented player is a good idea.

I expect him to be off in the summer whether to NYC, QPR or someone else. He isn't a McLeish type player and we are all about cutting costs these days although it was a managerless AVFC that completed that deal. Cheers Lerner

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »
The only difference to the usual made up crap, is that Ballack's agent has actually stated it as fact that Ireland is going there. Odd move if true.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »
Let's say it is true. Ireland has been playing better of late and at times very good, but let's be honest he hasn't been banging them in or making huge differences in games that we've gone on to win. Or taken games by the scruff of the neck and led us to victory. He's been something positive in what's been a very below par season.

Frankly, I want players at Villa that want to be there, and will give their left bollock for the cause. If Ireland wants to be a part of that then we should keep him. If he or Dunne or N'Zogbia want out then they can go. And as fast as possible. I'd rather McLeish had players at the club that were willing to buy into his plans. Like it or not he's going to be here and he's going to have a say in who plays. I want him to succeed and if it means his players mixed in with the kids that he'll certainly give a chance to, then I'm all for that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:32:29 AM by toronto villa »

Offline Mellin

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 05:45:41 AM »
If I were Ireland and I read the first couple of pages in this thread it'd be another reason for me to leave. He's been one of our better performers this season, and with the inevitable hard times ahead I'd rather we supported one of the few players I actually enjoy watching, however mental he may be, rather than coating him off at the first sign of a dubious quote from Michael Ballack's agent.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »
Just a pebble in a pile of shit ....... Rather open up the space for Gardener

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 08:03:45 AM »
Some ridiculous opinions on here already gents, well done. It's near damn impossible to win matches without flair players. He was never brought here to be a box to box mf, he was brought here to win us games. Finally he has calmed down his lifestyle, is concentrating on family and career and by our own managers admission is putting in a shift for the team every week and people are saying lets sell him for 5m and replace him with another hard working sidwell. Brilliant. Here's an idea mr Faulkner; let's release a statement saying we are looking to build our squad around people like Ireland and under no circumstances are our star players for sale. Or alternatively we can move him on like we have with Barry, young, Milner, downing.

Am I going mad? :o
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:06:47 AM by mattjpa »

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
No you're not. I think it's madness to look to move him on now that he's starting to show why we bought him in the first place. A rare talent.
I also think he's getting misrepresented as something he's not. A lot of these tales of excess and hijinx are bollocks.

If he wasn't happy and we could get a good price, maybe. But selling him off to America for a song (no doubt) as he's just starting to look settled and performing is a shit idea.
This may have been on the cards earlier in the season but I doubt it is now. But very little suprises me anymore.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »
Mr Irelands on between 65000 and 80000 pw. Under Randys cost cutting regime hes a racing certainty to go.
Now I doubt Ireland would ever want to take a pay cut, and I can't see anyone taking him on and matching those wages.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
A very talented footballer who finally seems to be applying himself, despite beign fecked about bt McLeish and his, er, interesting substitutions.  We should be looking to keep the few decent footballers we have, although I have to say whoever agreed to 70k a week for him (can we blame MON for this one?) wants fucking shooting.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
I have to say whoever agreed to 70k a week for him (can we blame MON for this one?) wants fucking shooting.

He took a pay cut to join us.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
It would be ridiculous to let him go, he is one of the very few players we have with creative talent.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
I have to say whoever agreed to 70k a week for him (can we blame MON for this one?) wants fucking shooting.

He took a pay cut to join us.

And stopped playing as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal