collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zog - Unhappy with role  (Read 16669 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: N'Zog - Unhappy with role
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
Maybe when he and his agent were busy discussing how much his wages, bonus and signing on fees were going to be they should have taken a bit of time asking AM what role he would be expected to play in the team. Or watched a couple of DVD's of Blues games from the previous two seasons.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
I started a thread earlier in the season about his overall play and attitude, yet another example of this, i'm far from mcleish's biggest fan but surely he realised he was a ****** after he messed him about at Blues?

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »
Well to be honest, if your boss wants to stifle you and pay your wages for your nice car, hard luck. You could always ignore him when you're on the pitch.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
Imagine a Man United player saying the same about Fergie?
Aye.
But Ferguson can wave umpteen medals in a players face.

All Fucking Eck can show is a League cup win and some Scottish tinpot shit.

And several relegations, you forgot to add that bit.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
Well you can't really blame a player for not wanting to go to Blose. I imagine Boba Fett had similar thoughts about going into the Sarlacc pit.

However, N'Zogbia should be prepared to defend as well as attack. If he wants an easy life he can fuck off and play somewhere else. Ashley Young is a perfect example of putting effort in in both halves of the pitch. N'Zogbia is capable of it, I just hope he gets his shit together but I don't find this blathering very encouraging.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
N'Zogbia has talent, but not enough to defend such a questionable attitude. The little money we spent last summer could have been spent better, it seems.

He'll surely claim that he has been misquoted by the French press tomorrow, mind.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »

I'm sure that Iniesta and Xabi and Pedro, would all like to only attack and do no defending, but they realise it is an important part of the game, and want to work at their game to be better players.

N'Zog is a good player, but like a lot of modern day footballers, he seems reluctant to want to work at his game.

Offline villanic

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
N’Zogbia has definitely been stifled this season. He looks a totally different player to the one who was at Wigan.

That said he can’t say he and Mcleish have talked it over and put it behind them and at the sametime be moaning about his situation.

Why do all the French speaking players love talking to L’Equipe when they feel they are being hard done by and then seemed shocked when it gets reported over here. I dare say N’Zogbia will come out in a British newspaper later this week and say it was all lost in translation.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:29:59 PM by villanic »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
Ashley Young ma) have been given a bit more freedom, but he's also the hardest working winger I've ever seen.

Too right he was. And still is, I suspect, for Man United.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »
Ashley Young ma) have been given a bit more freedom, but he's also the hardest working winger I've ever seen.

Yep.  Young is streets ahead of N'Zogbia as a player and team man. 

He's angling for a move and it seems fairly obvious to me he will be off in the summer if McLeish is still our manager.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

Yep.  Young is streets ahead of N'Zogbia as a player and team man. 

He's angling for a move and it seems fairly obvious to me he will be off in the summer if McLeish is still our manager.

He's not the only one.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
Paulie, if you mean the fans I think you could be right.

As for the players, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see somebody come in for Ireland if he maintains his form at the end of the season.  Maybe Gabby too though I'd have thought he would stay put (unless it's Man Utd or silly money at Chelsea).

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Paulie, if you mean the fans I think you could be right.

As for the players, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see somebody come in for Ireland if he maintains his form at the end of the season.  Maybe Gabby too though I'd have thought he would stay put (unless it's Man Utd or silly money at Chelsea).

Both to be honest, Rig.

It'd be frustrating to have put up with Ireland's uselessness for so loing but then flog him when he shows a bit of form (assuming he stays in form till the end of the season, obv).

I guess with him, it depends what kind of money he's on.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »

I like Charles as a player, but he should do his talking on the pitch.

Point very well made Percy. Ash worked his bollocks off every game.

Way I see it, if working hard for the team is good enough for Barcelona players, then it shouldn't be too much to ask of our Charles.

Offline supertom

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
We'd be a lot better off with more consistent attacking players than Ireland and N'Zogbia. Both have quesionable attitudes. Both are very talented, but far too inconsistent.

We need attacking players more like Dempsey and Kevin Nolan. Not brilliant, perhaps not as technically gifted as Ireland and N'Zog, but consistent. They makes goals, they score goals, regularly!

These are the sorts of players that McLeish should be bringing in, because they fit into his style more. I don't think he plays in a way that has a place for mercurial talents. I know that 1 game in 5 they might do something exceptional and win a game, but frankly we're better off with more solid, harder working players who'll give you 7/10 every week and actually impact the scoreline in our favour more regularly.

I'm very surprised we bought N'Zogbia in the first place in retrospect, but saying that, having sold Young and Downing, McLeish's hand was probably rushed somewhat.
But for me, I'd ship off Ireland and Zoggy and use those funds to bring in a couple of more reliable, hard working indivuduals. We may well end up turning into a bunch of 1-0 merchants and not be very exciting to watch, but if we have attacking midfielders who deliver consistently, then McLeish can get better results. Certainly, Benty would love to get more help. We need players who don't disappear from games. Much as I'm no McLeish fan, he's not being helped much by the two players who should be picking up the pieces that Young and Downing left behind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal