collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zog - Unhappy with role  (Read 16648 times)

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
N'Zog - Unhappy with role
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
More good stuff from Charles!!

From Yahoo Sport:

N'Zogbia bemoans Villa role

Charles N’Zogbia has admitted he is unhappy with his role at Aston Villa, and has had communication problems with manager Alex McLeish.

The winger, signed for £10m from Wigan last summer, has failed to make a significant impact at Villa Park, and has not been an automatic first-team choice this season.

In an interview with L’Equipe, the Frenchman explained: “I was bought for 11.3 million euros (£10m) and I am not playing. I still think I make the right choice, but speaking about the game, it doesn’t fit.

“I’m not exactly jubilant. I like to go forward, but here they ask me to defend more than attack.”

N’Zogbia also responded feistily to McLeish’s suggestion that he should focus more on football than expensive cars.

He said: “If I get paid, I can do what I want with my money. He’s not my father to tell me what I should do. He doesn’t know where I come from.

“McLeish and I had problems of communication. We discussed it, and we put our bad feelings to one side.”

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: N'Zog - Unhappy with role
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
Well I don't agree with these comments, but he does look a lot better when he's going forward.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
Imagine a Man United player saying the same about Fergie?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
I said this from day 1.

N'Zogbia (and he's not the only one) has had his creativity stifled and been told to hold a certain position.

Look how much better he was in a poor Wigan team that liked to be positive.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »
Good player. Played wrongly. Still needs to learn to shut his gob.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
Imagine a Man United player saying the same about Fergie?
Aye.
But Ferguson can wave umpteen medals in a players face.

All Fucking Eck can show is a League cup win and some Scottish tinpot shit.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
I said this from day 1.

N'Zogbia (and he's not the only one) has had his creativity stifled and been told to hold a certain position.

Look how much better he was in a poor Wigan team that liked to be positive.

Damn right he should hold his position.  At Wigan he was the best player and could go walk about as there were 7 or 8 players behind him holding their position.  Here he's a left winger and needs to do things for the team as well as himself!

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »
Zoggy needs to attack when we are attacking and defend when we are defending. It is not rocket science!

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »
He's got previous with behavior like this has Charles. He may be right to an extent,its not gonna help the team. If we could get our money back,id flog him in the summer.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
More good stuff from Charles!!

From Yahoo Sport:

N'Zogbia bemoans Villa role

Charles N’Zogbia has admitted he is unhappy with his role at Aston Villa, and has had communication problems with manager Alex McLeish.

The winger, signed for £10m from Wigan last summer, has failed to make a significant impact at Villa Park, and has not been an automatic first-team choice this season.

In an interview with L’Equipe, the Frenchman explained: “I was bought for 11.3 million euros (£10m) and I am not playing. I still think I make the right choice, but speaking about the game, it doesn’t fit.

“I’m not exactly jubilant. I like to go forward, but here they ask me to defend more than attack.”

N’Zogbia also responded feistily to McLeish’s suggestion that he should focus more on football than expensive cars.

He said: “If I get paid, I can do what I want with my money. He’s not my father to tell me what I should do. He doesn’t know where I come from.

“McLeish and I had problems of communication. We discussed it, and we put our bad feelings to one side.”

Shouldn't that last bit read; "We discussed it, and we put our bad feelings to one side. - Then I went moaning to the press again." ?

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
I'm not saying he should completely neglect his defensive duties, I just think he needs a wee bit more freedom to be creative.
He's never had the sort of freedom that Ashely Young was allowed.

But he ain't going to get that with McLeish.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 03:14:02 PM »
It may come when AM has a chance to mold a more solid defence and midfield, but we'll see on that.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »
Firstly I don't think N'zog should be going to the press with this, but I personally think he want's to be at and likes being at Villa and if used correctly he could be a potent weapon and here lies the problem he seems to play as a glorified wingback rather than winger where he flourished at the DW and thus helped break him into the full French side. So even though he's wrong to do this publicly I think what he's saying is correct.

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »
It may come when AM has a chance to mold a more solid defence and midfield, but we'll see on that.
I don't think he can mould a fucking blancmange, but we'll see on that.

I agree with all others though that N'Zogbia shouldn't be blabbing, it really needs to be kept 'in house.'

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »
Ashley Young ma) have been given a bit more freedom, but he's also the hardest working winger I've ever seen.

I like Charles as a player, but he should do his talking on the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal