collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A working model for Aston Villa?  (Read 17909 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: A working model for Aston Villa?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
So you're teaching them the Albion way then Leeg?

No, I expect far better.

Offline Doorbell

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
It's 7-a-side until U-12.

Even better then!

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
It's 7-a-side until U-12.

Not here in Coventry. 7 a side till u11 then 9v9 till u13s

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
It's 7v7 up to U-11s. I'll ask/find out on Sunday what it is for U-12s onwards.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 08:17:38 PM »
I don't see that things are changing that drastically,
I do.
I coached junior football for 12 years and took a fairly traditional approach - inclusive and ensuring that the guys played football for skill and enjoyment as well as looking at the results.
My son coaches junior football in Mexico and, as well as having some FA coaching badges, he uses the Coerver coaching approach. This - and other similar approaches - are much more common now and it augurs well.
The big problem in England is that we simply do not have enough junior coaches; I suppose because there is not the remuneration available (leading to too many enthusiastic amateurs like me).

But back to the original post: the Bilbao approach is about culture, footballing philosphy and commitment to the long-term. Can it be a model for success in B6?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:19:26 PM by EffDee »

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
We could do a lot worse than emulate their style and fans attiutde.
Their fans have always been favourites with those of us who have met them, loyal, loud, proud, gracious in victory and philosophical in defeat - what we used to be.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
What a performance and what a team, basically a bunch of kids just gave a masterclass performance and a lesson of pure footballing technique to our very best, breathless and this team are Spain's 7th best.

Nothing Villa can learn from this but if I was Ferguson I woulds seriously give myself a long look in the mirror and change my thought pattern in terms of countless zillions being spent on overseas players that looked nothing in front of what was predominantly and mostly Spanish kids and local kids at that.

Is this not the way football used to be before football became addicted to Champions League exorbitant transfer fee's for foreign players and the notion that in order to compete in the Champions League you have to spend vast amounts of money on players from all over the world when your better options are actually right under your nose.

Great football and if I was Abramovich I would move heaven and earth to get that bloke in charge of Athletico.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
Nothing Villa can learn from this

Why do you think this?

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
We could do a lot worse than emulate their style and fans attiutde.
Their fans have always been favourites with those of us who have met them, loyal, loud, proud, gracious in victory and philosophical in defeat - what we used to be.

Met some great Athletic Bilbao lads who were over watching Villa for the weekend from the HTN ultras group, fantastic passion for their team.

Offline rutski

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
the football pyramid is an ideal model for success in football in england and we should be the  ideal model for coaching kids as all the resources should be there, but the money in the pyramid does not flow down hill and everyone other than the elite scraps for every penny just so a game of football can be put on.
enthusiastic amateur coaches(parents etc) make do with the limited resources they have. the stats for coaches in england v spain and germany are disgraceful, but as long as we have buffoons like sir dave richards pontificating on an international stage about fifa stealing football from the owners england we are big time in the shit!
i was speaking to a guy who has a recruitment business and evry position at the fa is paid 4 times they should be as it is such an old boys network!
we are destined for failure till the professional clubs stop paying money to overpaid primadonnas and it starts getting filtered to youth development then it wil be the same story!
if you always do what youve always done, you will always get what you always got!

Offline Mister E

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
... if you always do what youve always done, you will always get what you always got!
Yeah, but Villa doesn't have to follow the old model, does it?

Offline rutski

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
... if you always do what youve always done, you will always get what you always got!
Yeah, but Villa doesn't have to follow the old model, does it?
villa's youth system is a treasure that needs to be polished. the problem is the gems are easily obtained by others. the gems get tempted too easily by the lure of bigger money elsewhere. just the way of life i suppose. there is no honour in english football at all!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
It's like an FA cup tie - lower league team, early round style. Pity their striker went off, they should have had a few more....
It was nothing like that. This AB team is full of zest and skill with a coach who has outwitted Fergie.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
It's like an FA cup tie - lower league team, early round style. Pity their striker went off, they should have had a few more....
It was nothing like that. This AB team is full of zest and skill with a coach who has outwitted Fergie.
Agreed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal