collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would you swap Bent for Torres?  (Read 21386 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Would you swap Bent for Torres?
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »
I'd rather swap him for Carroll... on the condition the Scousers gave us £10 million too. Unlikely, unless Bent proves his fitness and wows in the Ukraine.

Spend the extra money on Jordan Rhodes, who I feel could develop into a player like Torres at his best. Carroll, Agbonlahor, Rhodes, Weimann would be one of the best strike options in the league. Still, it's only hypathetical.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
Bent over Tores, although she does have lovely hair.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
Well, that would depend on how much we would ask for, and that I do not know.
Well if we make the fairly safe assumption that we're not going to sell him for less than we bought him for, we're ruling out anyone with less money than Man City, QPR, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. Or of course a Juventus, Bayern Munich or Anzhi Makhachkala.

I'm sure he'd leave if the right offer came in. I just don't think there's anyone who will make that offer.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
I would, but only if we're allowed to swap Petrov for Xabi Alonso and McLeish for Rafa Benitez too.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »
Incredible news re Torres.

He's just scored. Although against Championship opposition, mind.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »
Well if we make the fairly safe assumption that we're not going to sell him for less than we bought him for, we're ruling out anyone with less money than Man City, QPR, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. Or of course a Juventus, Bayern Munich or Anzhi Makhachkala.

I'm sure he'd leave if the right offer came in. I just don't think there's anyone who will make that offer.
I Have a feeling in my bones he could go back home to Sunderland!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

I Have a feeling in my bones he could go back home to Sunderland!

"home"?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
Can't see him back at Sunderland, Doh'Neill has never rated him.

Plus, he wouldn't know a good striker if one tapdanced on his pube covered head.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
ths whole thread is a bit of a twilight zone thing,

but the Bent to Sunderland is of the scale, MON didnt have the balls to buy him when at VP,
 either way Bent will be 20mill or there abouts and MON would rather buy 3 or 4 average players with that sort of dough, and put them on long contracts with big wages to boot.
cant see him ever spending 20 mill plus on one player

Offline supertom

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
Sunderland fans wouldn't want him back either. They might accept it if he comes and bangs in 20 goals for them, but it would take a lot of making up to turn the cats fans back onside.

Like people say, for the money we'd want, and those who could afford him, I can't see anyone wanting Benty. He's a decent player but he's not top 4 standard. Liverpool might be the only possible side, especially as Dalgish likes buying English, but with all they've spent and how little they've reaped (Carling Cup- woopedy doo!) I can't see them bankrolling the move before they've fucked Carroll off. They'll have to take a huge hit on him too.

Other than that, we're the biggest club Bent could play for. Money talks of course but the only club who can afford him aside is QPR, and they might well be in the Championship next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal