collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clueless marketing by AVFC  (Read 16704 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Clueless marketing by AVFC
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:30 AM »
Dave where's my phone call after buying your publication?
Where is my email letting my know when it is out next?

Next Tuesday.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
They never ring me. I'd love a call.

They called me the other week to ask me if I was happy with the company that organised the credit payments for the season tickets last year.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
Dave where's my phone call after buying your publication?
Where is my email letting my know when it is out next?
I am out all day next Tuesday.

Next Tuesday.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
Ironic that we bemoan football clubs having become businesses and then analyse their direct marketing strategies on message boards.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
Since football was only invented in 1993, I can understand that some people wont be familiar with the name Aston Villa. So I think it's rather kind of the club to phone you to let you know that what you have purchased for your money is ninety minutes of frustration on a cold wet Saturday afternoon rather than that  nice Jacobean des res over the road from the ground.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
I am going to complain about the fixture books when they come out. Do they think we need to have the fixtures rammed down our throats? We get them in the Evening Mail, the national papers and the match programme. On second thoughts, I am complaining about the programme. We know who we are playing and we know who all our players are. It should just be a one pager full of useful adverts that are nothing to do with football. Those score boards can go as well.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
I am going to complain about the bastards moving my seat. What do you think to that then Knibby?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »
I got a ticket for next week for a tenner today, can't say fairer than that. 37 holes it should have been.

Back of the net.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
I am going to complain about the bastards moving my seat. What do you think to that then Knibby?
We did alright with that one. Ended up with better seats. Maybe we should have done a petition and a protest. That may have got us moved into the Directors Box.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »
You're in there for the ressies anyway aren't you?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »
I'm livid with Villa. How dare they sign Brett Holman without phoning me first to see if it met with my approval. Bastards.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
You're in there for the ressies anyway aren't you?
Only been in there for the NEX GEN this season. Paid in.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
It's okay Jon, you don't have to explain yourself to me.

Offline pestria

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
I think you're making an issue where thwere isn't one. i'd be grateful for the call and wouldn't reasonably expect the club to do detailed research on each supporter before giving them a call.

In fairness, they don't need to do "detailed research", this is why they have client reference nubmers and customer databases. Even if he has multiple client references, it should take less time to take a cursory glance at his history than it does to dial the number.

You're right that it's not a big deal, it just seems that if they actually employ someone to make all of these calls, considering the volume of ticket sales they need to work through, they may as well filter out people who've been buying tickets for decades.

And who may not have been this season at all and might appreciate being told of any changes. This one does smack of complaining for the sake of it.

No - it smacks of amateurish marketing by the club.  I agree with the OP, simple targeted marketing is far more efficient and effective which is why the best organisations do it.

You can't get much more simple and targeted than contacting someone who's bought a ticket for the match and asking them if they know the layout of the ground. But carry on moaning if it makes you happy. 

So everyone who buys a ticket for a game is the same then?   

Btw - I didn't think I was moaning, but pointing out that the simple fact that the clubs marketing is poor and amateurish. 

On reflection perhaps it is something we should actually moan about.  Commercial income is stagnant and one of the main reasons we can't afford to compete with the likes of Spurs who have matchday revenues roughly equivalent to ours.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »
those dirty Villa bastards called when I was out and said they would ring back the following day...they never...I feel so used..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal