collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clueless marketing by AVFC  (Read 16695 times)

Offline Richie

Clueless marketing by AVFC
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
I took advantage of the 4 for £50 ticket deal for the game on Saturday and received a call from the club on Friday night asking me amongst other things :-

1. If I knew where to park my car
2. If I was aware where to buy a programme

I appreciate the fact that the poor woman was only doing her job and obviously had a list of standard questions to ask, but a bit of research by the club would have shown them that I've had a season ticket for over 30 years and just didn't renew for the current season.

A lot more work required behind the scenes me thinks.

However, fair play to them for the ticket deal. I think these could well become the norm for the majority of matches next season.

Offline lovejoy

Re: Clueless marketing by AVFC
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
I think you're making an issue where thwere isn't one. i'd be grateful for the call and wouldn't reasonably expect the club to do detailed research on each supporter before giving them a call.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
I think you're making an issue where thwere isn't one. i'd be grateful for the call and wouldn't reasonably expect the club to do detailed research on each supporter before giving them a call.

I agree, I think that that call was a good way for the club to communicate.

Had you not beed a previous ST holder that kind of call could encourage you to come again.

They get a thumbs up from me for that kind of after sales follow up

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »

In fairness, they don't need to do "detailed research", this is why they have client reference nubmers and customer databases. Even if he has multiple client references, it should take less time to take a cursory glance at his history than it does to dial the number.

You're right that it's not a big deal, it just seems that if they actually employ someone to make all of these calls, considering the volume of ticket sales they need to work through, they may as well filter out people who've been buying tickets for decades.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
They never ring me. I'd love a call.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »

In fairness, they don't need to do "detailed research", this is why they have client reference nubmers and customer databases. Even if he has multiple client references, it should take less time to take a cursory glance at his history than it does to dial the number.

You're right that it's not a big deal, it just seems that if they actually employ someone to make all of these calls, considering the volume of ticket sales they need to work through, they may as well filter out people who've been buying tickets for decades.

And who may not have been this season at all and might appreciate being told of any changes. This one does smack of complaining for the sake of it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
The club make an effort and still it's slated for not being good enough. Ask yourself what other business phones you up after spending £50 to ask that sort of thing?

Offline rutski

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:20:33 PM »
it is the ginger twats mcleishes fault, i saw him personally arranging these calls and he should be sacked immediately. the win on saturday has only put back the enevitable dismissal of the tosser!!!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
If ringing up a customer to offer them help is 'clueless' then god help us. Absolutley ridiculous.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
The clueless f***ers have sold 1000 season tickets for next season today. They have never done that before in March, and this is when 'nobody is renewing.'

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »
I took advantage of the 4 for £50 ticket deal for the game on Saturday and received a call from the club on Friday night asking me amongst other things :-

1. If I knew where to park my car
2. If I was aware where to buy a programme

I appreciate the fact that the poor woman was only doing her job and obviously had a list of standard questions to ask, but a bit of research by the club would have shown them that I've had a season ticket for over 30 years and just didn't renew for the current season.

A lot more work required behind the scenes me thinks.

However, fair play to them for the ticket deal. I think these could well become the norm for the majority of matches next season.
So where did you park your car and where did you buy the Programme? Did you manage to get past DW without being sold anything?
All these questions....

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 04:51:18 AM »
This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard! The club is attempting to give a bit a back by offering this assistance, if this offends you next season buy a season ticket!!!

Offline pestria

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »

And who may not have been this season at all and might appreciate being told of any changes. This one does smack of complaining for the sake of it.

No - it smacks of amateurish marketing by the club.  I agree with the OP, simple targeted marketing is far more efficient and effective which is why the best organisations do it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

No - it smacks of amateurish marketing by the club.  I agree with the OP, simple targeted marketing is far more efficient and effective which is why the best organisations do it.

You can't get much more simple and targeted than contacting someone who's bought a ticket for the match and asking them if they know the layout of the ground. But carry on moaning if it makes you happy. 

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
Dave where's my phone call after buying your publication?
Where is my email letting my know when it is out next?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal