collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Better fan than you  (Read 29692 times)

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
Re: Better fan than you
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:36 AM »
For me it beggars belief that people left early yesterday. I can understand if not condone leaving early if we are the wrong end of a drubbing but not at nil-nil with us pressing for a win.  Even more galling was having the Fulham lot taking the piss with their "Is there a firedrill?" chant (I was well chuffed to be able to sing that back to them) but most annoying of all was almost missing the bloody goal because the three blokes in front of me stood up to leave just before Bannan laid the ball to Gardner.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:21 PM »
I have never left a game early (although I nearly did when we losing 2-1 at home to Wimbledon in the late 90s).

But whenever the chips are down, you often hear the 'See you next year' dig to people leaving early. I think it is the rat and sinking ship analogy.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »
Those who left early yesterday missed the most elated set of home supporters at VP since we routed FC D.ogshit of Birmingham.  Nothing better than a last minute winner, especially when we desperately need the result.  Brilliant.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »
Those who left early yesterday missed the most elated set of home supporters at VP since we routed FC D.ogshit of Birmingham.  Nothing better than a last minute winner, especially when we desperately need the result.  Brilliant.

The reaction was tremendous - I honestly believe the vast majority of fans want a Villa win whatever the circumstances surrounding the club - I go to see them win and hope they play well but the former is the clincher.

Offline woody4866

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Cant see what the problem is about fans leaving a few minutes early - you pays your money, you takes your choice?
I leave my seat early, 2 or 3 minutes, and watch the end on the screen in the foyer, otherwise its a right bastard to get out
I`ve been fortunate enough to watch games at Barcelona and Madrid and even their fans are going a few minutes early when you have super stars playing who can turn a game in a blink of an eye.
Its not as though the players care anyway as most of them p!ss of down the tunnel at the final whistle (away games excluded), as quick as a scouser leaving Dixons

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
Even more galling was having the Fulham lot taking the piss with their "Is there a firedrill?" chant

Ha ha, that's quite funny.

Online nigel

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »
I can't understand why people leave early either, but, it's their prerogative at the end of the day.
Personally, I'd rather have a dig at those who boo the team for keeping possession.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »
We used to have 2 old buggers in our row who always left early - it used to drive me nuts. My comments and general  display of disgust as they passed have finally got through as I only see one of them these days and he must go the other way if he leaves early, and the worst offender I've not seen him this season so he has either moved to a row that doesn't care about early leavers or not bothered to come.

If we are losing 3-0 (or 3-0 up - very rare) I don't mind so much but at 0-0 there should be no reason to leave early. Traffic with crowds in the low 30,000s is not that bad. There are no queues to get out these days. No crowd trouble without that mob from Small Heath FC.  If you need a pee cross your legs or don't drink so much at half time.

If nothing else it is extremely bad manners. I've always believed we should expect higher standards at Aston Villa. We know we are the best club in the area.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
We used to have 2 old buggers in our row who always left early - it used to drive me nuts. My comments and general  display of disgust as they passed have finally got through as I only see one of them these days...

Perhaps he couldn't be bothered with the stroppy git that used to make sarcy comments at him every match? I would have told you to fuck off and mind your own business.

Offline achilles

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
My mate wanted to leave early to avoid the Asda car park rush and as he was driving I didn't have a problem with it and I don't give a shit what other people think... you pays your money and make your choice!

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
We used to have 2 old buggers in our row who always left early - it used to drive me nuts. My comments and general  display of disgust as they passed have finally got through as I only see one of them these days and he must go the other way if he leaves early, and the worst offender I've not seen him this season so he has either moved to a row that doesn't care about early leavers or not bothered to come.

What a hero.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »
It should be like the theatre. If you arrive late you shouldnt be allowed to take your seat unless there is an extended break in play. The same with if you wish to leave before the end of the performance, only allowed if there is a substantial stoppage. Switch your mobile phones off too ! 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
Why leave early when there are no crowds to beat anyway?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
We always stay to the end to avoid the crowds.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
I always feel it's like walking out of the cinema with 5 mins of the film left, you just wouldn't do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal