collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Better fan than you  (Read 29676 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
Re: Better fan than you
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
I did leave early with my lad, as I always do at 87 minutes and missed the goal. It is a risk I take every match and I never leave the seat until the ball goes out of play. If I wait otherwise we do get caught up and it takes an age to exit the ground which means I miss the train connection from Witton and then at New Street.
It's fundamentally my choice and if people want to comment negatively that is theirs, have to say I won't lose any sleep over it.

Offline rutski

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 08:39:24 AM »
I wasn't particularly referring to you. Light-hearted digs are fine by me. Calling people tossers as someone else did is not and for me would count as turning against our own.

Ah, right.

I agree with you though, if people have been getting aggressive on the issue like that then they're just adding to the negativity that really needs to be toned down on here.
i called the fans who booed tossers and i stand by that! strange that you then say 'i count that as turning on our own' as surely that what any negative bollocks from these mouths does every time they vent their spleen against Aston Villa!
so as for better fan than yow, i would like to think my positivity makes me a better fan than the booers!

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Three of us went to the game yesterday and one left early to get a ahead of the traffic. He was well pissed off he missed the goal. So it's just bad luck on his part and the chance you take.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
I'm with rutski on this. I thought Weimann had to come on. A little surprised it was Zog who went off but how did it make Weimann feel, regardless of who the booing was aimed at?

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:31 AM »
Three of us went to the game yesterday and one left early to get a ahead of the traffic. He was well pissed off he missed the goal. So it's just bad luck on his part and the chance you take.

Exactly. It's a shame for those who missed the goal, but in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world. There's a lot of begging for validation of opinions going around imo.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »
the early leavers are a lot better fans than me, as i couldnt be bothered to go.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
Leaving early in a tight match where the result is in doubt is a sign of we are giving up.

Not really. Lots of pele leave early whatever the type of match. It's also a sign of people having other stuff to do with their lives.

Strikes me that when we can only muster 32k again, we're not in much of a position to moan about when people leave, we should be grateful they turn up in the first place.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
Not really. Lots of pele leave early whatever the type of match.
I believe Pele means "raggamuffin" or something, so that is quite apt if we are pulling, er...pele's legs about "beating the traffic".

Online Karlos96

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »
I have never left a game early and i'm hoping I will never have to.  I really enjoyed celebrating that goal yesterday especially after the last few months.  I would never have a go at a people leaving early that's their choice.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
I'm glad the 'early leavers' turned up in the first place or the attendance would have been even more embarrassing.

What was so embarrassing about pulling in 32K? I thought that was a decent gate under the circumstances.
There was definately not 32k there today more like 28k they count ST holders wether they attend or not or so I was told yesterday.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »
I'm glad the 'early leavers' turned up in the first place or the attendance would have been even more embarrassing.

What was so embarrassing about pulling in 32K? I thought that was a decent gate under the circumstances.
There was definately not 32k there today more like 28k they count ST holders wether they attend or not or so I was told yesterday.

Really? Who told you that? And how can you expertly guess 28K?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:28 AM »
The only time i leave my seat is to go for a piss, i don't think i've ever left early. Leaving at 0-0 is a bit bizarre. There's one's who want to beat the traffic which is fine i suppose, and there's the one's who want to get back to the pub. Going under 2 hours without a pint takes it toll on some people.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:42 AM »
I had a bit of a pop at the 'early leavers' earlier but I wouldn't say I'm "turning against our own" as it's been put here. It's me having a cheeky little pop at people who left early and missed out, bit of friendly banter really.

Same.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »

Really? Who told you that? And how can you expertly guess 28K?

The attendance announced is the number of tickets sold not bums on seats.

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
So...
We have villa fans who dont go to any matches

villa fans that buy a ticket and don't go

Villa fans who go but leave a few minutes early

Villa fans (Like me) who want to go but can only go 1 or 2 times a season

what are the worst fans then....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal