collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New North Stand - Picture  (Read 23680 times)

Offline villa-love

New North Stand - Picture
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »
Looks great!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
Quote from: "Somebody_Told_Me"
I like it.

We (Stoke) most fans want our corners filled in. (mainly due to it's the coldest ground in the effing world. BUT I like the fact yours hasn't, you truly have a fantastic historic ground and you don't want to loose that. That pic looks awesome though.

Ta!
I like your ground, not it's location though.
Yes it's cold when the wind blows but it has something about it that very few 'new' grounds have. I can't quite put my finger on it, and I might be waffling now, but I like it.

Offline Somebody_Told_Me

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »
Quote from: "Dave Cooper"
Quote from: "Somebody_Told_Me"
I like it.

We (Stoke) most fans want our corners filled in. (mainly due to it's the coldest ground in the effing world. BUT I like the fact yours hasn't, you truly have a fantastic historic ground and you don't want to loose that. That pic looks awesome though.

Ta!
I like your ground, not it's location though.
Yes it's cold when the wind blows but it has something about it that very few 'new' grounds have. I can't quite put my finger on it, and I might be waffling now, but I like it.

Thanks back,

The Brit was encompassed by the will to prove the pundits wrong. Losing that already though!!!!!
 I still liked the Vic standing on The Boothen more though, Ahhh them were the days!!!!!

Offline villa1

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
Bump.

Was on a ground tour today. They had started taking seats out of the lower North where it curves round to meet the Witton. They had also completely removed the TV screen, leaving only the framework.

Apparently they are going to remove the framework too, and the executive box below it, and replace it all with a 'glass walkway'. The guide said that was all he'd heard and that he didn't know exactly what it was going to look like, although it should be finished for the start of the new season.

Offline pongoshat

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
Quote from: "K3Villa"
Quote from: "hipkiss92"
We know it's not going to happen now thanks to the Daily Mail.

Its something I can't understand. I know there's the old line of these stories selling papers but surely they do much more harm than good however you look at it. I'd love to have a word with the editor and ask what he really wanted to gain because if it was to ruin Englands chances of getting the World Cup they've certainly gone some way to doing that.
I dont think England is an issue for them. It's maximum sales whatever the angle for the internationally owned papers. For an example the pressure heaped on Rooney is ridiculous. Any normal player would fold, lots do anyway when approaching the tournament but he's under super pressure. If Rooney loses it they will be glad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »
Quote from: "villa1"
Bump.

Was on a ground tour today. They had started taking seats out of the lower North where it curves round to meet the Witton. They had also completely removed the TV screen, leaving only the framework.

Apparently they are going to remove the framework too, and the executive box below it, and replace it all with a 'glass walkway'. The guide said that was all he'd heard and that he didn't know exactly what it was going to look like, although it should be finished for the start of the new season.

Yes, but what's that going to do to the capacity?

Bing Bong! Peter W to the General's thread!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: New North Stand - Picture
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
How was the tour?

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
Maybe they dont want to put the mosaics up til next year, after Downing is heralded player of the season

Top prediction there mate.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
This thread, though less than two years old, was nonetheless created amidst a completely different atmosphere for the club. We were pissed off not to qualify for the CL and fully expected our side to regularly challenge for the top honours and that we'd soon have Mourinho as our manager and a 50,000 seater Villa Park.

If we'd been told back then that within two years we'd be back to the days of considering 32,000 quite  a decent crowd and would be led by Alex McLeish......

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »
Does that mean more seats? Cos at the moment we ain't gonna fill em.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 07:35:39 PM »
Which is why they've shelved the plan. Do keep up.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
Not really worth resurrecting an 18 month old thread? Will reopen if clamoured for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal