collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Cuellar  (Read 44276 times)

Offline caster troy

Re: Carlos Cuellar
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »
I'd love to see him and Clark get the chance to form a partnership. Collins has been ok the last few games but I think that's where our future lies.

Happy to say goodbye to Dunne in the summer, we should have got rid last year.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
What Castor said. Dunne and collins have been automatic choices for too long, and Clark is in danger of becoming the next Cahill.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »
Isn't Dunne out of contract? Has to beg got rid of, thought Collins did ok as did Hutton

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
Whether we sign him on a new contract will surely depend on the wage demands? It is rumoured Cuellar is on £40k per week? This really is O'Neill's legacy - decent, (but not World beating) players, on huge salaries who wont be moved on for less, will see out the end of their contracts and will hold out for the same sort of money in any contract renewal?

Having said all that he has made a significant difference on his return to the team this season

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
What Castor said. Dunne and collins have been automatic choices for too long, and Clark is in danger of becoming the next Cahill.

I dont think he is. He's been getting a game when fit... admittedly not as CB though this season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »
I think that the rest of the back 4 man up more without Dunne. They see him as some kind of leadership demi-god which he is not. Carlos is much calmer and organises the whole thing well. Got to get him signed up, and then IMO let Dunne go in the summer, and possibly Collins and buy a partner for the king.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
When the truth comes out about some of the things that Dunne was involved in at the time of the Cowans incident, it will be clear he must go. This includes racial abuse of Fabian Delph.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »
When the truth comes out about some of the things that Dunne was involved in at the time of the Cowans incident, it will be clear he must go. This includes racial abuse of Fabian Delph.

What???? Are you for real?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
I miss his runs from right back,they cheer up a dull performance.
Top bloke as well.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Collins, Dunne and Warnock all have one year left on their deals so hopefully we can get rid of two of them in the summer.

Wouldn't have a problem with Collins staying as a squad player, it's the automatic starter bit I've always had a problem with.

Amazes me the last 3 managers have preferred Dunne and Collins as the comination although the penny is hopefully finally dropping. Be interesting to see what happens when Dunne is fit though.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
I've been one to question why he's been overlooked by loads of managers but we do look more solid with him and Collins.  I'd like to see them now against a decent team.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
I think Carlos will be offered a new deal on less money than his current deal, or at best the same. It'll be up to him whether to agree to that or get a similar deal with a nice signing-on fee at another club. He comes across as a classy fella, I wouldn't blame him if being messed about a bit at Villa meant he decides to go elsewhere.

Offline picicata

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »
I think the fans have been wanting Carlos to get a run in the middle for some time, something he has never really had. He finally gets a run in the middle of defence and he is proving why he should have had that chance earlier.

It's strange that all three of Mon, GH and McLeish decided that Dunne was the better option. Is it wrong that I am thankful that Dunne got injured?

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
The treatment of Carlos has mystified me for ages, god knows why he`s stayed, he would walk into a lot of sides and should be a regular in ours, if he left, he would absolutely, positively, totally have my best wishes.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
I think the fans have been wanting Carlos to get a run in the middle for some time, something he has never really had. He finally gets a run in the middle of defence and he is proving why he should have had that chance earlier.

It's strange that all three of Mon, GH and McLeish decided that Dunne was the better option. Is it wrong that I am thankful that Dunne got injured?

Nope. Carlos is quality. Not just his defending, he has good vision e.g. the pass that put N'zog at Blackburn. It was obvious that full-back was never his position. Sign him up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal