collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Top 30 best paid coaches in world football  (Read 18263 times)

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
Re: Top 30 best paid coaches in world football
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »
Can't believe McLeish is on £40k p/w. When he talked about not being able to turn down the offer to manage us, I thought he was talking about a bigger club, prestige etc... He must have thought Faulkner and Randy were taking the piss out of him,  I bet he was too scared to say, "Really?" in case they both went, "ahhhhhhhh, wanker" and were secretly filming him candid camera style, so they could screen the footage on match days to make the fans laugh!

Well Mr McLeish I have a cunning plan for you. Why don't you give up your £40k p/w wages to release funds for a decent player. You could put yourself on performance related pay if you like, but lets face it you'd end up owing money to the club, maybe you could take it out of the £4.5m we've wasted on your services so far!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
Doesn't have Premier League experience, of course. Madness that, under our board's current stipulations for the job, Terry Connor qualifies ahead of Marcelo Bielsa.

I know Monty . McLeish has got it and look where that has got us .

Offline Villanation

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
McLiesh is in there with the likes of Joachim Low, Hitzfeld and ahead of Claudio Ranieri, are we completely absolutely stark raving mad, don't get me wrong I'm well aware if your a complete twat you can make it big in the UK, in fact if its not on your CV leave the country, but this is utter madness, when you think the manager of Athletico who just beat Man U at there's isn't even on there and neither is Flores and many more including the manager of the side we are about to kick of against, just crazy madness.

........and we wonder why there is no money for players and lets not forget we paid for the privilege of this manager.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »
As lovely as it would be I don't think Bielsa would be the right choice for us. As much as I love mentalists do you really think that our players would be able to stand that level of perfectionism or attention to detail? They are behind McLeish fully because he is exactly the kind of comfort zone manager they love to play for who doesn't ask that much from them. If we appointed Bielsa I reckon we would have a level of mutiny within weeks that would make the Houllier reign look like an exemplary model of industrial relations. And there's no way that Lerner would fund a new squad who would fit his ethos even if we did appoint him. And there's no way we will appoint him because he lacks premier league experience and a personal recommendation letter from Ferguson (I doubt he'd get one after Thursday night) and McLeish is here to stay anyway. :(

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
The Bielsa pipe-dream does hinge on selling practically all those comfort-zone players. I have a feeling the younger players would respond to his attacking madness.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
As lovely as it would be I don't think Bielsa would be the right choice for us. As much as I love mentalists do you really think that our players would be able to stand that level of perfectionism or attention to detail? They are behind McLeish fully because he is exactly the kind of comfort zone manager they love to play for who doesn't ask that much from them. If we appointed Bielsa I reckon we would have a level of mutiny within weeks that would make the Houllier reign look like an exemplary model of industrial relations. And there's no way that Lerner would fund a new squad who would fit his ethos even if we did appoint him. And there's no way we will appoint him because he lacks premier league experience and a personal recommendation letter from Ferguson (I doubt he'd get one after Thursday night) and McLeish is here to stay anyway. :(

The point I was getting at was not that we should aspire to a manager like Marcelo Bielsa, but that is a good example of how we are paying way over the top for a manager that simply isn't fit to stand in the company he is holding on that pay scale, and also a classic example of how when you get a good thinker and a good football brain you can turn a provincial side into pretty much world beaters using local home grown talent, same with Flores and many many others.

I wouldn't agree the players are behind him and its only a matter of time, be it a very bad result or unrest with the fans that will be the straw that breaks the camels back and he's gone, and I doubt the players will give him a second thought.

Anyway C'mon you Villa boys  ;)

Offline j66acd

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Imagine if our managers name was the same as the Corinthians manager. Come to think of it most of us have probably called him one anyway!

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
edit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:27:00 PM by usav »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal