collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man United Away Tickets - Change of seating location?  (Read 17935 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Re: Man United Away Tickets - Change of seating location?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
Okay it's true that Man U do have Manc fans but Man City are more of a Manc club in that a higher % of their fans are from Manchester.

Most Man City fans are from Greater Manchester.

Most Man U fans are not from Greater Manchester.

• TRS-T
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:04 PM »
when we played teams around the inner city it was more blue than red, its just like Brum

Inner-city Brum is red - Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »
most people in Newport Pagnell support Man utd

typical - they should all support their local team, Newport County

agree, its only 200 mile down the road

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Okay it's true that Man U do have Manc fans but Man City are more of a Manc club in that a higher % of their fans are from Manchester.

Most Man U fans are not from Greater Manchester

Really not sure what you're trying to prove here, but Manchester is just about split down the middle in terms of United and City fans, with United maybe having the edge.

Then again, my theory is only based on over 10 years of living up there and as I don't have the advantage of owning FIFA 12 to confirm this, you'll just have to take my word for it, kid.

Offline Rob92

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
When a team has an estimated fanbase of 300m, it's hardly surprising that the majority aren't from Manchester... In my experiences, the majority of Mancunians are United fans. Also, this idea that every single City fan comes from Manchester is total bollocks, I always see City fans on Manchester-bound trains from the south when they're at home...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 06:01:48 PM »
Everton, Man City, small heath. All play in blue. All are the inferior side in their city. All claim that their respective city is mainly made up of their fans with their superior neighbours being out of town glory hunters.

Everton, Man City, small heath, separated at birth.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »

Give it five years and there will be more Man City fans from outside than inside Manchester too.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »

Really not sure what you're trying to prove here, but Manchester is just about split down the middle in terms of United and City fans, with United maybe having the edge.

Then again, my theory is only based on over 10 years of living up there and as I don't have the advantage of owning FIFA 12 to confirm this, you'll just have to take my word for it, kid.

I believe without saying it he's comparing it to the Small Heath propaganda that more people in Birmingham support them than Us. Which we all know is a complete load of bollocks. Manchester is no different apart from its probably a bit more of an even split than in Birmingham.

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »

I believe without saying it he's comparing it to the Small Heath propaganda that more people in Birmingham support them than Us. Which we all know is a complete load of bollocks. Manchester is no different apart from its probably a bit more of an even split than in Birmingham.
My best mate lived in Worsley for 10 years or more, I spent loads of time up there & Manchester is way more red than blue. Most of the reds detest the 'tourists' and tend to give them a lot of grief at OT.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:06:15 PM by charlie659 »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »

By that argument Birmingham City are more of a Brum club then because a higher percentage of Blues fans will be from Birmingham than Villa fans who get a lot of support from the satellite towns such as Tamworth, Bromsgrove, Redditch etc.?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

More rubbish.  Do you want another shovel, the hole you're digging is getting deeper.

• TRS-T
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »

By that argument Birmingham City are more of a Brum club then because a higher percentage of Blues fans will be from Birmingham than Villa fans who get a lot of support from the satellite towns such as Tamworth, Bromsgrove, Redditch etc.?

Tamworth, Lichfield, Bromsgrove, Redditch etc are basically like Greater Birmingham though.

They don't exactly have different accents than Brummies.

They are basically Brummies.

That is a lot different to Man U and their fans from Devon or Cornwall or Surrey or wherever.

Also Blues get a lot of support from the Solihull borough which we could consider to be outside Birmingham...

• TRS-T
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:55 PM »
Everton, Man City, small heath. All play in blue. All are the inferior side in their city. All claim that their respective city is mainly made up of their fans with their superior neighbours being out of town glory hunters.

Everton, Man City, small heath, separated at birth.

I agree with Everton and Man City fans.

Most Liverpool and Man U fans are gloryhunting out-of-towners.

However I do not agree with Small Heath.

Most Villa fans are from Greater Birmingham.

I do not consider a Villa fan from Tamworth a gloryhunter or a out-of-towner.

• TRS-T
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »

My best mate lived in Worsley for 10 years or more, I spent loads of time up there & Manchester is way more red than blue. Most of the reds detest the 'tourists' and tend to give them a lot of grief at OT.

I think this happens with Liverpool as well. Some of the Scouse Reds resent all the Norweigen/Southern/Asian reds who support their club.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »

Tamworth, Lichfield, Bromsgrove, Redditch etc are basically like Greater Birmingham though.

They don't exactly have different accents than Brummies.

They are basically Brummies.

That is a lot different to Man U and their fans from Devon or Cornwall or Surrey or wherever.

Also Blues get a lot of support from the Solihull borough which we could consider to be outside Birmingham...

I think you should ask the good people of Tamworth, Redditch, Bromsgrove et al whether they consider themselves to be Brummies before you just decide they are! How about our Black Country friends? Are they Brummies? They speak a bit like Brummies, they live nearer to Brum than someone in Tamworth does.

You really do spout some bollocks!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal