collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby - 'Fans negativity affects players'  (Read 17317 times)

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
Re: Gabby - 'Fans negativity affects players'
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
He is shit and not fit to manage Aston Villa.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Another reason to send Mcleish packing, his continued presence is creating divisions in the Aston Villa family. 

This is something i hinted on a few weeks ago. You need unity in the stands, not just on the pitch.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
Agbonlahor added: "The fans are entitled to their opinions.....

Yes we are.   The football this season has been mostly gash.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
It's all the fan's fault as usual. Never the incompetence of the manager or the ineptitude of the players.

Go to The Emirates, or Anfield or Old Trafford. The fans in sit silence and moan like fuck about everything. You'll never see those clubs in the botton 6 in March. 

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
Manager's negativity affects fans...
Amen

Offline jembob

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
I think that it will get ugly on Saturday. People say that Fulham don't travel well but we are a soft touch at home this season and I think they'll cause us problems. The afternoon could well turn out to more about the silent majority making their feelings known rather than the football.

The question is, if the fans turn on McLeish in a big way, will he stick it out or quit while he's behind? If it kicks off against the manager and the Chairman witnesses the hostility, will he act?

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
'I cant wait for the season to finish'

'I cant hear the fans'

' stop moaning and get behind the manager '

ffs  , shut up , get your head down and maybe you might score a goal.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
He's going nowhere. Mr. Lerner, Sir is an ostrich.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Being an overpaid attacker and not scoring for 5 months also creates negativity with the fans. maybe Gabby should focus on what he's being paid for.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
It's a shame, I cant think of anything the players could do to stop the fan's negativity...

Well. apart from scoring some goals and winning some games of course.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
Gabby is being used to pull on the heart strings of the fans for sure.

The piss take is he had said he didn't hear it only 10 days ago...

As for home support, McLeish has had a walk in the park. I was amazed that during the Swansea or QPR games there were not some real anti McLeish chants going on, but I think Fulham get ahead this weekend and he is in for it, and unlike Houllier who had supporters, I think McLeish will get most of the ground singing at him. He needs to wake up and realise how much the fans don't want him. We're not fickle, he is shit.

I agree; the next two home games will see the place turn on him if it isn't  a decent performance/result - are we allowed to boo in the Upper Trinity?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »
If Gabby has really said this he's just doing the same that most of us have become resigned to. He's our manager, he may be shit, we'd prefer somebody else, but we can't do anything about it so get behind the team.
I'm sure the players and the supporters DO want to get behind the team but the owner, manager and under-performing players make that very difficult to do!
AM has definitely had an easy ride but the distaste for his shit football and what he is doing to our club will spread to ALL supporters eventually. Hopefully not when it's too late!

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
Gabby is being used to pull on the heart strings of the fans for sure.

The piss take is he had said he didn't hear it only 10 days ago...

As for home support, McLeish has had a walk in the park. I was amazed that during the Swansea or QPR games there were not some real anti McLeish chants going on, but I think Fulham get ahead this weekend and he is in for it, and unlike Houllier who had supporters, I think McLeish will get most of the ground singing at him. He needs to wake up and realise how much the fans don't want him. We're not fickle, he is shit.

I agree; the next two home games will see the place turn on him if it isn't  a decent performance/result - are we allowed to boo in the Upper Trinity?

No, just stamp your feet under your blankets.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
I think Gabby has been put up to this.

I also think that McLeish has had a very easy time.   'Fans hate McLeish' is just the lazy journalism the papers fill their pages with.

I would go so far as to say that it is the duty of every loyal Villa fan to give the manager, the owner and the board plenty of criticism.

Why do I say that?   I will tell you.

Decisions were made at the highest level in the club to allow O'Neill to present himself to the world of football and beyond as being terribly wronged by Aston Villa.   Not a single word of defence was made public by the club.   That was the first refusal by the board and the owner to place any value on the feelings and the sensitivities of the fans.

The second instance was the appointment of an old man with health problems who openly preferred his ties to Liverpool to ties with Aston Villa.   Houllier was the board's man.   No thought at all was given to the fact that the fans could not get on with him and that the Frenchman did not care.

The third instance was the appointment at very considerable expense the failed manager of our bitterest rivals.   I do not suppose anybody in authority at Villa Park ever even gave a second thought to the supporters' feelings and even if they did the answer would have come back "We run the club, not the fans.   If they don't like it they can lump it."

The fourth instance of disregard for the fans is the totally deliberate pursuit of percentage, safety first football.   I do not suppose for one minute that anybody on the board has ever given a second thought to giving the fans value for the money they pay to get to and to watch Villa games.

The fifth instance of disregard for the feelings of the fans has been the selling of our best players.   Big offer comes in, player goes out.   Not the slightest consideration is given to the fact that most of us would prefer to watch James Milner in a Villa shirt than Charles N'Zogbia.

Five glaring instances which illustrate the mind set of those who run Aston Villa that the fans' feelings are of no consequence whatever.

The only time fans start to be considered to have any importance are the circumstances Rangers find themselves in.   When everything else has gone there are still the fans.   They will still be there.

That is what is wrong with Gabby's statement.   The fans are the ones who have to do all the pain, not the players.   I am genuinely surprised that Gabby allowed himself to be used to criticize the fans.
Great stuff, could not agree more

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »
Try and give us the guilt trip?! You forced this mess onto us

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal