collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby - 'Fans negativity affects players'  (Read 17300 times)

Offline richardhubbard

Re: Gabby - 'Fans negativity affects players'
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
How about trying to fucking win a match whilst being paid 50k plus a week and start giving a fuck!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

I think that with all things considered McL has had it pretty easy.

I agree.
The media bang on as if he gets crucified every game.

Most people I know stepped back and were willing to give him a chance.

I think he's hard a pretty easy ride of it, certainly at home games.

Absolutely.

The general consensus was

'Fucking hell, what a bizarre appointment, we'll just have to give him a chance and see what he can do.'

Sadly, it's turned out exactly how we all expected it to.

Online caster troy

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:53 PM »
Gabby can't really say anything else under the circumstances can he? Every time a Villa player gets interviewed at the moment there is a giant elephant in the room, namely the astonishing ineptitude of our manager.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
Gabby can't really say anything else under the circumstances can he? Every time a Villa player gets interviewed at the moment there is a giant elephant in the room, namely the astonishing ineptitude of our manager.

I bet Gabby didn't even read that statement, never mind write/say it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
Gabby is being used to pull on the heart strings of the fans for sure.

The piss take is he had said he didn't hear it only 10 days ago...

As for home support, McLeish has had a walk in the park. I was amazed that during the Swansea or QPR games there were not some real anti McLeish chants going on, but I think Fulham get ahead this weekend and he is in for it, and unlike Houllier who had supporters, I think McLeish will get most of the ground singing at him. He needs to wake up and realise how much the fans don't want him. We're not fickle, he is shit.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
Carlos Cuellar was on SSN yesterday saying that we ought to get behind McLeish. If only the players would give us something to cheer and sing about, we would!!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
How about trying to fucking win a match whilst being paid 50k plus a week and start giving a fuck!

This x ten

Offline woody4866

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Sack Mctwat

40,000 + Will be down VP cheering and singing, It would be like VE day in Piccadilly Circus

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
Manager's negativity affects fans...

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »
Actually Gabby, ask yourself a question.  What position do you like to play?  Eh, what's that? Centre forward?  Seems to me, McLeish (and Houllier) think you're a left winger once Bent is out. Does that not tell you how shit the current (and past) Manager is.  So, shut the fuck up, start scoring goals and get on with your job.  WE ARE RIGHT. You, sadly, are wrong.  Very wrong. MCLEISH OUT!!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
I think Gabby has been put up to this.

I also think that McLeish has had a very easy time.   'Fans hate McLeish' is just the lazy journalism the papers fill their pages with.

I would go so far as to say that it is the duty of every loyal Villa fan to give the manager, the owner and the board plenty of criticism.

Why do I say that?   I will tell you.

Decisions were made at the highest level in the club to allow O'Neill to present himself to the world of football and beyond as being terribly wronged by Aston Villa.   Not a single word of defence was made public by the club.   That was the first refusal by the board and the owner to place any value on the feelings and the sensitivities of the fans.

The second instance was the appointment of an old man with health problems who openly preferred his ties to Liverpool to ties with Aston Villa.   Houllier was the board's man.   No thought at all was given to the fact that the fans could not get on with him and that the Frenchman did not care.

The third instance was the appointment at very considerable expense the failed manager of our bitterest rivals.   I do not suppose anybody in authority at Villa Park ever even gave a second thought to the supporters' feelings and even if they did the answer would have come back "We run the club, not the fans.   If they don't like it they can lump it."

The fourth instance of disregard for the fans is the totally deliberate pursuit of percentage, safety first football.   I do not suppose for one minute that anybody on the board has ever given a second thought to giving the fans value for the money they pay to get to and to watch Villa games.

The fifth instance of disregard for the feelings of the fans has been the selling of our best players.   Big offer comes in, player goes out.   Not the slightest consideration is given to the fact that most of us would prefer to watch James Milner in a Villa shirt than Charles N'Zogbia.

Five glaring instances which illustrate the mind set of those who run Aston Villa that the fans' feelings are of no consequence whatever.

The only time fans start to be considered to have any importance are the circumstances Rangers find themselves in.   When everything else has gone there are still the fans.   They will still be there.

That is what is wrong with Gabby's statement.   The fans are the ones who have to do all the pain, not the players.   I am genuinely surprised that Gabby allowed himself to be used to criticize the fans.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
It's a nothing story, the club told him to say it.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
Pravda spin. I doubt if he said any of the previous. Words put in high-profile mouths.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »
Championship Manager.End of.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
Another reason to send Mcleish packing, his continued presence is creating divisions in the Aston Villa family.  To the point that players are now criticising the fans.

He might have a point if it was just a few B-lose obsessed nutjobs unhappy with Big Eck.  Unfortunately it seems to be the vast majority of ordinary folk too.

Fan's reactions on matchday  (those weird non protests aside) are generally spontaneous, a reaction to ongoing events.  As such, asking a whole body of individual fans to suppress their feelings is a pointless endeavour (not to mention a bit Soviet).   Almost as pointless as attacking players in a Big Eck formation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal