collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Glen Johnson Calls God a Racist  (Read 1911 times)

Offline markus209

Glen Johnson Calls God a Racist
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has accused former Manchester United defender Paul McGrath of racism after he criticised him for wearing a T-shirt in support of Luis Suarez.

McGrath used social networking site Twitter to criticise Johnson for wearing the T-shirt in support of Suarez, and the Liverpool defender has now accused the former United man of racism for singling him out.

Johnson claimed: "The McGrath thing ... that's actually racist. Saying what he said is racist. He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the T-shirt.

"He's targeting me because of my colour."

McGrath responded on Thursday morning when tweeting: "It saddens me that Glen Johnson has called me a racist, but he is entitled to his opinion."

Johnson also reignited the Luis Suarez race row by accusing United defender Patrice Evra of manufacturing the handshake incident at Old Trafford, which further inflamed the issue between the two players.

Johnson believes Evra "stayed up all night" coming up with a plan to make sure Suarez did not greet his opponent in the expected manner by holding his hand by his side. Johnson said: "Evra was clever at Old Trafford."

He added: "Luis didn't shake his hand because Evra's hand was down there. What else is Luis supposed to do? Would you go to shake someone's hand if their hand is way down there by their side? Course not.

"But then, because Luis didn't do it, Evra has pulled him back by his arm as he walked on, as if to say to everybody: 'Look, I wanted to shake his hand and he didn't...'"

Johnson added in an interview in the Daily Mail: "Evra probably stayed up all night thinking about how to do that. The whole thing was ridiculous."

After Suarez racially abused Evra during an earlier match, the Uruguayan was given an eight-match ban by the FA. Following the handshake incident at Old Trafford, both Suarez and Liverpool apologised for his actions there.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/johnson-mcgrath-racist_sto3185124/story.shtml

Offline markus209

Re: Glen Johnson Calls God a Racist
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »
And I just saw this now in the Suarez thread. Sorry mods.

Offline mal

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »
Johnson is being mendacious

http://tinyurl.com/7ovag37

at about 25 seconds

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
ah good stuff. I was wondering when we could talk about that repulsive club again and this stupid subject. Good to see Glen Johnson has missed the point entirely.

They may as well have a special white sheet day for all home fans as opposed to giving out scarves. Maybe a pointy headed bloke on a horse can lead the team out next time, and they can do a ceremonial cross burning at half time.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »
Let's keep it to the Liverpool thread please.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal