collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many of you have lost the love like me?  (Read 25864 times)

Offline eastie

Re: How many of you have lost the love like me?
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
You've stopped getting upset about it but this is the most depressed you've felt about the club?

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms?

Never said ive stopped getting upset about it, but id rather pay £2 and be pissed off than £30 and be pissed off- of course im hurting at the state of the club but football is not the game i grew up loving , the game has changed for the worse and my weekends are no longer ruined if we lose- my expectations have dropped massively over the last 2 years .

The year we spent in the old 2nd division brings many fond memories and memorable days but this season has been dreadful and the football absolutely awful.

To those still going to the games this season i have the greatest respect for you and hope that tomorrow brings that much needed win we so need.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:38:43 PM by eastie »

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »
I really couldnt give too much of a shit any more. Gambling is virtually the only pleasure i get from football these days.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
I simply have a feeling of apathy towards it at the moment.

Yeah same here, I wasn't remotely surprised or angry when Blackburn equalised at the weekend. There was a time when I'd have been in a rage all evening.

Yep , it used to ruin my weekend when we lost and stop me sleeping but the last 2 seasons have been utterly depressing culminating in the farcical way the club is being run by randy , faulkner and mcleish- i pray my pleasure at watching villa will return soon after these clowns have departed .

Until then i will watch on villa streams from the warmth of my living room .

Don't forget to turn the central heating down when the good times roll around again will you?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
These sort of threads always appear when the team is doing sh#t. If we were flying high no one would be on here telling us all they've "lost the love".

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
Oh I don't know. If the Qataris rock up in May and say there's £300m for our new manager Guardiola to spend in the transfer window, I'm sure there'd be umpteen threads complaining 'it's all about money these days and the Villa are ruining football'.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
Oh I don't know. If the Qataris rock up in May and say there's £300m for our new manager Guardiola to spend in the transfer window, I'm sure there'd be umpteen threads complaining 'it's all about money these days and the Villa are ruining football'.

Not "if" the Qataris rock up in May, Perc, "when".

Oh yes.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
It's called "getting on" old son.

Offline rutski

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »
the one good thing is that with all the negative responses on here most wont be there tomorrow and can keep their negativity to the confines of their own world instead of transferring it to a team that is short of confidence and doesnt want tossers booing their every mistake!,

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
I still look forward to every game. I just read the post above and got an excited twinge in my stomach. It also makes and breaks my mood on a Saturday night.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
Tomorrow is another match day. No need to drum up negative support. We now seem to have a large group who seem to have a strange agenda.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
A win would help my mood towards them, not seeing one for four months isn't good and breeds all this negativity.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »
the one good thing is that with all the negative responses on here most wont be there tomorrow and can keep their negativity to the confines of their own world instead of transferring it to a team that is short of confidence and doesnt want tossers booing their every mistake!,
Great post!

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
My late brother was an avid supporter in late 60's onwards. Missed 4 games in two seasons when we were in the third division, home and away. Yet when we won the league division one, he only went to a handful of games as was bored with the modern day game at that time lol. He got his passion back a few years later and was a season ticket holder for another 15 years before he passed away. I love the club, but dont have the same passion as years ago and actually prefer watchign my 19 year old lad play on a Saturday now, but keep in touch with the score and get to the odd game

Offline eastie

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
Great post!

Just because some people have lost faith in the owner and manager does not make them tossers who boo their own players for every mistake - the last player i booed in a villa shirt was steve hodge , yes there is a lot of negativity but dont blame the fans for that , blame the men in charge !

Offline eastie

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
Tomorrow is another match day. No need to drum up negative support. We now seem to have a large group who seem to have a strange agenda.

Strange agenda or wanting whats best for their club? You seem happy with mcleish which is fair enough ,  but many others are not happy with the owner and manager and they are perfectly entitled to air their concerns- nothing strange about that , we all love the club and want aston villa to be successful .

Players wages and ticket prices mean that people have the right to expect better value for money than the product being delivered at home in particular this season and many have had enough of the drab negative stifling football on offer right now.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:39:25 AM by eastie »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal