collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many of you have lost the love like me?  (Read 25860 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: How many of you have lost the love like me?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
The love's still there and always will be but me and the Villa have reached that stage in our relationship where we take each other for granted and it feels like the spark is going out. It's like I've got the seven-year-itch nearly 40 years too late.

If Villa aint careful I might get the wandering eye and have an affair with Arsenal or some other stunner who knows how to treat their man real good.

But I'll come back. I always do....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:39:56 AM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
I think `love' is the wrong word. Love is for your wife and your kids. My feelings for the Villa are a bit more complicated than that.

It's more a kind of all-consuming death-struggle.

Me as Holmes and the Villa as Moriarty, rolling round on the ledge of the Reichenbach Falls, our fingers locked in each other's throats.

I might kill him and he might kill me. But without him, what have I got to live for?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »
I was only saying the other day at work I only have two things in my life in my middle age that I am not either relaxed about or in control of. The first (I was at work) was clients for one reason or another not paying their accounts and the second is the Villa.

Both have driven me  to ranting despair at one time or another. But the feeling when the Big Cheque that buys all sorts of lifes pleasures clears and when Villa score that last minute winner make it worthwhile, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

I think on balance we do OK as Villa fans.For every jammy deflected late winner from that lanky sack of shite bluenose twat centre forward last season there is a couple of late Gabby winners and 5-1, 3-1 thrashings etc.

We aren't man city, we have to enjoy the good moments when they come and roll with the punches as we are now.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
I think `love' is the wrong word. Love is for your wife and your kids.

Spot on.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Villa score that last minute winner make it worthwhile

Haven't felt that euphoria for a while

Offline Villa-Villan

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
I have been a Villa fan since the 60's and have a very strong passion for Aston Villa which over the years has been the cause of a mixture of emotions like enthusiasm, anger etc and it doesn't particularly get any better with age!

If Villa win my week-end has always been better with a spring in my heels. I wish it wasn't like that but that's just me and always will be I guess.   

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
To lose the love of football as it stands at the moment a corporate sport full of overpaid/priced prima donnas' is understandable.  To lose the love of the Villa.....Never!

Offline villa for life

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »
I was wondering how this issue affects this website. Are there fewer posts than in previous seasons?

Is the love lost for Villa a wider feeling that includes football in general?

The whole racism thing this season has also "tested" my interest in football..

Offline berob

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »
been going to the villa since the late sixties when my old dad first took me,hav,nt been this season yet. but have tickets for saturday,and i must admit i,m not over excited about going. but i still keep looking at the time as it moves round to k.o time on a saturday..iv,e had highs and lots of lows with the villa and my mates.....lose my love for villa...never.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
You seem to be reflecting on the simple fact of age.  A lot of people go to every game when they are younger, but then move on to different stages of life: partners, marriage, kids, jobs, divorce, redundancy... 

And less disposable income, which means that the privileged people who play or work for Premier League clubs must work harder to earn our five pound notes.  Except they are shielded from that by the ludicrous sums paid to them thanks to TV rights.

Even if Villa did the simple things well, we would all be happy with them.  The excrutiating tedium of simply surviving in mid-table and never winning any cups is better than getting relegated, but only just.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
I have been a Villa fan since the 60's and have a very strong passion for Aston Villa which over the years has been the cause of a mixture of emotions like enthusiasm, anger etc and it doesn't particularly get any better with age!

If Villa win my week-end has always been better with a spring in my heels. I wish it wasn't like that but that's just me and always will be I guess.   

That's how I feel.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
The villa to me at the moment are like a wife who cannot divorce due to sentiment and lack of money!

Early years of enjoyment , reasonable middle of 10 years of average happiness, a real lull in our relationship and then 4 years of hope and now it  has faded into lack of interest , looks have sagged and really she needs a make over to get me interested again.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
There are fleeting moments in every Villa fan's life, when the euphoria will consume the years of pain and despair. It will happen again.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
I wouldn't say I love the Villa - as said above, love is for something more personal than that.
I have had a passion for Villa since first watching them in the late 1960's and I regard them as a signifcant anchor in my life; one of the fundamentals that defines who I am.
They will always be that even if - as at the  moment - the whole football thing is tarnished  by money, egos, TV, FIFA, etc.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
It's more a kind of all-consuming death-struggle.

Me as Holmes and the Villa as Moriarty, rolling round on the ledge of the Reichenbach Falls, our fingers locked in each other's throats.

I might kill him and he might kill me. But without him, what have I got to live for?

Damon, you are wasted at ITN you should apply for Poet Laureate. This sums up perfectly how I feel about Villa at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal