collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many of you have lost the love like me?  (Read 25859 times)

Offline sidcowans10

Re: How many of you have lost the love like me?
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:06 AM »
Fucking girlfriends more important than the Villa - I've heard it all now. Haven't you had many?

I wouldn't mind all this incessant whingeing if it didn't come across like a campaign to get us all to join them traipsing round the shops with a bird or whatever the fuck it is they do that's so much more exciting than being with their mates cheering the Villa.

They'll be back again when we don't need them.
Percy
I ve had lots. Some good some bad. Current one very decent. It pains me that I feel this way, but it's how it is. I was going to watch today ( not go) but went to the pub instead. I feel disloyal even saying that, but I m just being honest. I can't even get excited that we won today. I m truly gutted/ashamed about it but that's just how I feel :(

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2012, 03:49:44 AM »
The feeling when Weimann scored is why we put ourselves through it week after week. It's also a feeling no plastic will ever get.
They can fake it but it has to be in the blood. That was a great moment.

Offline myf

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2012, 07:15:24 AM »
To be honest I think that people booed because NZog was being taken off not because Weimann coming on.

yep but the gaffer decision was right wasn't it

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
To be honest I think that people booed because NZog was being taken off not because Weimann coming on.

yep but the gaffer decision was right wasn't it

Yes I agree. And I never boo incidentally.

Offline supertom

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
It's been a long time coming that feeling of victory. It feels good. To be honest it felt even better than the Chelsea win. That may well be because it was a slog and we won in the last minute, and indeed going so long without a win.

How good would it be to beat Bolton and win two on the bounce?

But as we know...Villa is a cruel mistress.

Offline TRO

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »
I lost my love for it, when it became obvious that the rich men's playthings were killing US as a feeder club to them.

Man City was the final straw to me, in turning my back on the game. I could live with Man Utd and Chelsea, but not another team buying success.

Every time we'd get a young star to hope that we could build our team around, then the Barry/Milner/Young situation would arise again.

Soul destroying to see it happen annually. 

This happened before the recent managerial debacles at Villa Park, which only serve to compound my judgement even more. Now I spend that money elsewhere on my familys enjoyment.

This comes with a heavy heart too. I loved going up every game.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
I just don't seem to be as passionate, win lose or draw I very rarely watch football first or MOTD.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal