collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Bradley  (Read 13346 times)

Offline Merv

Michael Bradley
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
http://tiny.cc/Iasf2b

Decent article, this. I always felt he'd have been useful for us, given the chance.

Offline spangley1812

Re: Michael Bradley
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »

Decent article, this. I always felt he'd have been useful for us, given the chance.

I agree IMO he wasnt given long enough but in the games he did play he didnt impress but he is having an outstanding season in Italy

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »

I agree IMO he wasnt given long enough but in the games he did play he didnt impress but he is having an outstanding season in Italy

He had nowhere near enough game time to prove his worth, agreed. He should have had some credit in the bank on account of being a good player for some years, but fitness issues seemed to get in the way.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »

A good opportunity missed, a better than decent player in my book who we should have persevered with.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »
I'm in the minority then, I thought he was awful against Man City and couldn't string a pass from 2 yards.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:50:38 PM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »
I'm in the minority then, I thought he was awful against Man City and couldn't dtring a pass from 2 yards.

It's a minority ot at least two if you are!

I saw nothing in him to warrant offering him a contract, with the biggest issue seeming to be his inability to handle the pace of the game here.

I will admit that was based on limited playing time, but he did nothing to justify further playing time over who we already had to see if he could improve.

Offline luke25

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:16 PM »
I only remember him playing twice for us and that was two times to many.

Offline Merv

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
Agree he wasn't anything other than ordinary in the two games he played for us, though I never put too much value on a debut at Man City when everyone else stunk the place out too. But considering his pedigree up to that point, the fee he would have cost, our other midfield options, I think it was a missed opportunity.

We could do with someone of his attitude and application now in that midfield.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
Agree he wasn't anything other than ordinary in the two games he played for us, though I never put too much value on a debut at Man City when everyone else stunk the place out too. But considering his pedigree up to that point, the fee he would have cost, our other midfield options, I think it was a missed opportunity.

We could do with someone of his attitude and application now in that midfield.

Agreed.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
If sorting our wage bill out is the priority then MLS may be the way forward.  Bolton signed someone in January from MLS whose wages over there had been £34k.

Not per week, £34k per year!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
Was pretty happy we signed him. Played very well in the world cup and a tough tackling box-to-box midfielder was exactly what we needed.

But he had a poor debut at City and never really got another chance after that. With thre cost cutting we were never going to spend 4m on an unproven midfielder.

Him, Makoun and Delph should've been our new midfield to replace Petrov but for one reason or another, it dosen't look like to me it's going to happen for the other two either here.

Offline supertom

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
We could have done with him this season in retrospect. He's  good enough to be in our starting 11 right now. That doesn't say much mind you. He, nor Makoun, got enough time to show their worth. Bradley was poor in the brief times he played, but he was shit amongst shit at that time. Okay, we're even poorer this season and that in turn may effect him, but he seems to be a player, who given a run would be fairly dependable.

Offline Ross

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
I'm in the minority then, I thought he was awful against Man City and couldn't string a pass from 2 yards.

Me too.  I thought he looked one of the worst footballers I'd seen wear the shirt, and I've seen Alan Hutton.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
I love how people feel they can make a full judgement on a player from four appearances of which I think one was a cameo, another against Blackpool when we had only ten men on account of Makoun being sent off, a game where we played a shadow side and one other I've forgotten.

Offline FiveKenMcNaughts

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
I think with more points on the board last season he would have got more game time, as it was we couldn't afford the luxury of giving a player the time needed to adjust to the pace of the premier league

I was quite excited when we signed him, although not too dissapointed we didn't make it permanent.

Have to admit though, it did cross my mind when McLeish said he had made the decision that we wouldn't be signing him (one of his first actions as manager) I did think of Wilson Palacios who he did the same to at Blues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal