collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No new contract offer yet from Aston Villa, says Carlos Cuellar  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Doorbell

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: No new contract offer yet from Aston Villa, says Carlos Cuellar
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »
I'm hoping he and Clarke are our main central defending pair next season, I'd be happy to see the back of Collins and dunne, I reckon the dressing room would be a happier place.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
So that's me and him than. I haven't had any contract offers from the Villa either!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
I also hope he stays.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »
Its one of those 6 of one half a dozen of the other things, for me we start letting players like Cuellor walk and for nothing maybe, and then we are happy to go through another season with Dunne and Collins in the back 4 simply says it all, we are batting for Premiership survival yet again, assuming we are going to survive this time around.

Fact is Dunne Collins and Cuellor really should all be moved on, the Villa back 4 isn't good and its a decent bet that next season they would be that much worse.

We have to start looking for a decent RB, 2 CB's a LB and backup, then we can start on the midfield.

Mr Lerner.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
Reminds me of Mellberg in that he would be of those players we let go but should have kept.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I thought it was a case of Mellberg wanted to go and play for Juventus rather than we let him go.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
I thought it was a case of Mellberg wanted to go and play for Juventus rather than we let him go.

Once he got into his last year it was too late. Upto august 2007 he was saying as soon as he saw the contract offer he'd probably sign. We never made him a contract offer and by the autumn he'd asked for talks to be put on hold probably due to him being plonked in at right back to make way for the stella talent that was Knight. To be fair when you've got 80m burning a hole in your pocket, you're probably not that worried about losing a transfer fee, but it still remains the case that if we'd wanted to keep him it should have been settled way before January 2008 when he signed for Juventus and probably a good year before would have been sensible

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal