collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rangers cast off?  (Read 15021 times)

Offline wookster

Rangers cast off?
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »
Are the players being made redundant by Rangers able to sign as free agents, and if so would AM be interested

Offline prmort

Re: Rangers cast off?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
Depends how far they can kick it..

Offline villanic

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
Isn’t  Gregg Wylde supposed to be a decent young player? I’ve not seen to much of Rangers this season but have heard his name mentioned. 

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
Didn't Bolton bid for Wylde in the summer? Meant to be a decent winger but do we need another 'decent winger'?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
Lee Wallace was linked wasn't he? If any good maybe worth offering 500k now rather than paying full price when he is available. Steven Davis will be on the Eck list too.

Offline villanic

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
I'd like to see Davis come back. He could be an ideal replacement for the ageing Petrov.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
If they are made redundant then the players become free agents and therefore don't come under the normal transfer restrictions.
Mind you IF any players are made redundant it will most likely be Academy players and fringe squad players. I can't see the administrators making any of the better players redundant, better to keep hold of them 'till the window opens and then take any reasonable offer.
There's supposed to be a press conference later today concerning the players so we'll know more then.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »
I never really got the hype about Steven Davis.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »
Me neither. I used to sit next to DW and point out the flaws in his game, count the number of times he gave the ball away etc. He was well over-rated.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »
BBC Scotland reporter Martin Conaghan on the future of the players who have left Rangers: "It's not as straightforward as finding another club and simply signing for them. Fifa has the final say and has made dispensation in the past for players who have been made redundant through no fault of their own. The player is usually treated as having been unemployed during the previous transfer window."

BBC Scotland reporter Martin Conaghan on the future of the players who have left Rangers continued: "The transfer windows have closed in Scotland and England, so even if a player is out of contract, they can't be signed for another club, unless it is approved by the association they are moving to. This could raise complaints from other clubs. There would be no problem with a player moving to an association where the transfer window is still open. The SFL and the SPL have emergency loan deal windows, which end on 31 March. In England, it's 29 March."

BBC Scotland reporter Martin Conaghan on the future of the players who have left Rangers continued: "Ultimately Fifa decides on each case - but the application for a transfer is made on behalf of the player by the SFA. The transfer windows are still open in Japan (8 January-2 April), USA/Canada (21 January-15 April) and Finland (1 March-30 April).

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
Me neither. I used to sit next to DW and point out the flaws in his game, count the number of times he gave the ball away etc. He was well over-rated.

And he looks like Chesney from Coronation Street (Davis, not Dave W, he looks more like Schmeichel from Coronation Street).

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
I never really got the hype about Steven Davis.

Decent player, but nothing too special.

Also, unless he's changed his game since leaving us, he was more of an attacking player, so hardly suitable to replace Petrov.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
beggars can't be choosers. If we could get Davis on a free it would at least offer us another option in midfield which is a major problem currently.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »
So how exactly did Fulham sign Diarra last week if out of contract players can only sign during a window?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »
If a player is made redundant and his contract torn up it is considered differently from a player who has become a free agent by his contract expiring. At least I think that's what it is.

Rangers won't send Davis out on a free. He is their one saleable asset and has something like a five year contract.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal