collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Renew or not Renew?  (Read 33681 times)

Offline Karlos96

Re: Renew or not Renew?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
I'll be there as usual.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »
There are some that going to The Villa is part of thier life regardless. They will renew whatever I am guessing about they number about 20,000. Its the 8000 others and the very many that will go when they can and based on expectation or hope. That is the difference between average atttendancies of 28 and 38 thousand

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »
Absolutely no way I could afford a season ticket, but then I never have been able to.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »
Renewing or not renewing should have nothing to do with results or who the manager is.

Financial pressure or family / work commitments are valid reasons for giving up your ST. Poor football and an ex-Blues manager are not.
That is bullshit, what if the anti football is making your mind up.It has certainly made mine up.
it aint bullshit, i will have my ticket, i love my day and love being at the villa! today i said in front of some other friends and my son that aston villa are the greatest team in the world, my 10 year old said no we aint but i will never want to go and watch any other team. how i felt pride today!
even in the boozer afetr, all the olbeyun fans all came to gloat at me as they see it as an achievement just to be above us! sad twats!

Whould you buy bottles of beer with nothing in them.Thats like watching the Villa at the moment,and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »
I voted "undecided" but I probably will.  When Mcleish is gone I'll be there. 

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
When you're sitting through the game thinking
'I can't wait for this shit to finish so I can have a drink'
Then you know something must be wrong.

Although that could be because i'm an alcoholic

Offline rutski

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
Renewing or not renewing should have nothing to do with results or who the manager is.

Financial pressure or family / work commitments are valid reasons for giving up your ST. Poor football and an ex-Blues manager are not.
That is bullshit, what if the anti football is making your mind up.It has certainly made mine up.
it aint bullshit, i will have my ticket, i love my day and love being at the villa! today i said in front of some other friends and my son that aston villa are the greatest team in the world, my 10 year old said no we aint but i will never want to go and watch any other team. how i felt pride today!
even in the boozer afetr, all the olbeyun fans all came to gloat at me as they see it as an achievement just to be above us! sad twats!

Whould you buy bottles of beer with nothing in them.Thats like watching the Villa at the moment,and it isn't going to change anytime soon.
i can see your frustration ad, but we are aston villa fc. i will support them whether good times or bad, i have seen worse and i will see better. mcleishs will come and go. the club will always come first. maybe blind but in the grand scale of things 'WE' are aston villa fc!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
I know what you are saying but its picking games from now on.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 12:11:26 AM »
Once the last home game passes this season I won't set foot inside Villa Park again until McLeish is gone. 20 years of blind loyalty have evaporated in the space of 12 months, it really is that simple for me now. If the club think this year has been acceptable then I can't even recognise them as being AVFC any more.

When he goes hope will be restored and I will be first in the queue for tickets.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »

Why? Football is an entertainment business, this is NOT entertainment!

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
I will renew, but only because I like my seat and the people around me.

My thoughts, although I am still very undecided and the club are not helping with the decision.

Same for me. I've got a fantastic seat and have sat with the same people for years. But for the first time some of the people I sit with are talking about not renewing, and if that part of the day's enjoyment goes there's a chance I wouldn't renew either. It would be a big wrench and I think if I don't renew next year I'd start going to Kiddie instead and that would be the end of a 40 year relationship between me and the Villa. All in the balance at the minute
I live within earshot of Aggborough, and it sounds a much better craic than VP

Offline pav

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
I'm as fed up with Lerner as I am mcliesh , maybe more actually

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »
I simply don't know. I had my first season ticket at the age of ten and only gave it up for the last season of DOL. Well, I say gave it up, I bought one but sold it match by match after a shocker at home to Wigan if I recall correctly in October time.

I like my seat and those around me but the row in front didn't renew en masse for this season and, frankly, the football is driving me to distraction.

Therefore, if we stay up and retain the manager, its looking increasingly like I won't renew.

Perversely, if we went down, I would renew like a shot.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
I'll be there.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:08 AM »
Anyone who survived the mid-80s, a period where I had to be pissed to contemplate entering the ground, should have no problem. Then again, it is dis-proportionately priced now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal