collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Renew or not Renew?  (Read 33607 times)

Offline jembob

Re: Renew or not Renew?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
Highly unlikely if the clown McLeish is still there. I'll pick the games I want to go to, buy the cheapest tickets available and then just go and sit in the expensive seats that are empty. It breaks my heart to say this but there's only so much most people are willing to take.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
I will renew, but only because I like my seat and the people around me.

My thoughts, although I am still very undecided and the club are not helping with the decision.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »
I voted no.

It's going to be a struggle to find the money for mine, but I could find it if i tried hard. With the total lack of ambition from the club, and this terrible anti-football manager, I can't see a single convincing reason why I should bother trying.

The board have given up, so so will I.

Thinking about it, it'll be piss easy. I'll find something else to do with my time, save a shed load of money, and limit how much this sort of thing can get to me and ruin my spare time.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:13:49 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
Renewing or not renewing should have nothing to do with results or who the manager is.

Financial pressure or family / work commitments are valid reasons for giving up your ST. Poor football and an ex-Blues manager are not.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »
Always have  - Always will.

Its part of my routine and part of my family tradition.

The current manager, the style of football at present and the fact that having a season ticket is not a massive benefit - apart from guaranteeing sitting with my friends - are all concerns.

But I'll be here ........

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
s
Renew, but then run on the pitch and hurl it at Ginga Non Grata when we are 2-0 down at home to the Blues.

This is unlikely. We are rubbish but there is no way we will get relegated this season!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
I will not renew if this man is still in charge.

Offline rutski

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »
i will renew, but i now have a 7 year old wanting to come, they can have mine and my 10 year olds too as long as they let me have under 8 ticket in L3.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
Renewing or not renewing should have nothing to do with results or who the manager is.

Financial pressure or family / work commitments are valid reasons for giving up your ST. Poor football and an ex-Blues manager are not.
That is bullshit, what if the anti football is making your mind up.It has certainly made mine up.

Offline rutski

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »

That is bullshit, what if the anti football is making your mind up.It has certainly made mine up.
it aint bullshit, i will have my ticket, i love my day and love being at the villa! today i said in front of some other friends and my son that aston villa are the greatest team in the world, my 10 year old said no we aint but i will never want to go and watch any other team. how i felt pride today!
even in the boozer afetr, all the olbeyun fans all came to gloat at me as they see it as an achievement just to be above us! sad twats!

Offline MARKGIBBS

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 08:50:49 PM »
not worth it now i'mworking in Cornwall.but have not enjoyed it for a while

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 08:59:36 PM »
Yes, it is a factory of sadness currently but it's our factory of sadness. 

I will be there next season.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »
Yes here, although I was surprised that a few friends of mine might not be. Not directly due to Big Feck, but because the atmosphere where we sit together in the Lower Holte is now so bad, due in part to people not liking the manager.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 09:15:59 PM »
I don't think it helps one bit if you are basing your renewal decision on current playing events. The only thing that gets hurt is the club. Players and managers come and go, but we need to do what we can to get behind the club, as painful as that might be at times, and especially now. To get through this we need to have a full ground and I know that sounds crazy but going back to the days where you could hear the players voices over the funeral like atmosphere isn't a good thing.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
I will renew, but only because I like my seat and the people around me.

My thoughts, although I am still very undecided and the club are not helping with the decision.

Same for me. I've got a fantastic seat and have sat with the same people for years. But for the first time some of the people I sit with are talking about not renewing, and if that part of the day's enjoyment goes there's a chance I wouldn't renew either. It would be a big wrench and I think if I don't renew next year I'd start going to Kiddie instead and that would be the end of a 40 year relationship between me and the Villa. All in the balance at the minute

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal